Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayfest 2006

http://bayfest.com/

Mobile's biggest event next to Mardi Gras is Bayfest. It starts tonight and I'm going to go this year. As a matter of fact, this will be my first time going.

Tonight's big headliner is Michael Bolton, as well as Patti LaBelle will be there.

Tomorrow I won't be able to make Evan's Blue due to work, but I'll get off and go in time to see Shinedown (Oooh I can't wait! They're my favorite band!!).

Don't know if I'm going Sunday because I don't know my work schedule today. I was supposed to get it today but it wasn't posted yet.

Anyway, tonight:

6:30 PM Corky Hughes
    6:45 PM Rick Huckaby
    6:45 PM Bunny Jones
    6:45 PM Sharon Rae North
    6:45 PM Lisa Zanghi
    7:00 PM Charlie B
    7:15 PM Caddle
    7:15 PM Robin Stine
    7:30 PM Mobile United Voices of Praise
    8:00 PM DJ Dragon
    8:00 PM Lisa Mills
    8:15 PM Port City United Voices
    8:15 PM Dennis "Finger Roll" Nelson
    8:30 PM Keith Anderson
    8:30 PM Cat Fish Flats
    9:00 PM Tony C
    9:00 PM Nu Image
    9:15 PM Michael Bolton
    10:00 PM Simply Butta
    10:00 PM Patti LaBelle
    10:15 PM Gretchen Wilson
    10:45 PM Andre & the Night Hounds
    11:00 PM SKYHI & DJ Trashy

A lot of them are country, so since my decision to listen to a bunch of new genres (check The Totally Useless Boards to see my post about that) I plan to listen to a bunch of them.

How's the food : D
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Apparently carnival-ish, like funnel cakes and hot dogs, ect.

Comment

The staple of American Cuisine : D

(white castle ftw)
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

I don't know any of those artists Mardigras owns me

Comment

I had a great time, can't wait to see Shinedown tomorrow but tonight was really fun.

I got some pictures, too, but I'll post these in the order that I saw them (sorry, picture quality isn't great on my camera):

Lisa Zanghi:

She was awesome, probably my favorite of them all. She did a little of everything, in particular soft rock and a fusion of rock and country. I loved her music so much that I bought one of her CDs (She has two out and another on the way).

DJ Dragon:

Didn't get a shot of him, but he was great. Had awesome trance music, in particular played a version of a song I really like called Firestarter. I didn't stay too long listening to him because I wanted to move on but I enjoyed it.

Cat Fish Flats:

They were AMAZING! They did this great southern rock and were excellent on the guitar. Their CD comes out on Monday so I plan to get it.

Michael Bolton:

I had a tough time keeping my camera still so all of the shots came out blurry. This was the best one I could get. Anyway, he played a few songs that I knew (Hero's Welcome, You Don't Know What It's Like), and then went into some songs from his new album, which are a bunch of covers for Frank Sinatra I believe. In any case, he was great tonight.

Gretchen Wilson:

Couldn't get a shot of her, simply because there were WAY too many people to see her. I was suprised that she was that popular, but then again this is the south and we have a buttload of country fans. But anyway I never got to see her on stage because of the crowd but her music was pretty good. I only listened to a few of the songs before I moved out to see the last band I wanted to hear.

Andre and the Night Hounds:

A great group from New York City, they played a fusion of rock and blues. I'm glad I got to go to their concert (they only had about 20-30 people watching them [compared to what was at least 1000 people watching Gretchen Wilson]) and they had some kick ass music! But here's the best part - they gave out free cds! So I can't wait to play their music, I'll definately be listening to it in my car.

Comment

Michael Bolton is a no-talent ass clown.

Comment

That's basically what everyone else has said to me when I mentioned him. Just be glad I only listened to a few of his songs before I wandered off to see Andre and the Night Hounds.

I've got some video from the Shinedown concert on the way, and I got the end of 10 Years' concert so I ended up getting their CD.

Comment

10 Years is awsome!

Comment

Yeah they are. I had never actually heard of them until yesterday but after listening to their CD I'm glad I got to see the end of their concert.

Comment

Okay as far as Shinedown went, here are the songs they played and didn't play (green=played, red=not played):

Fly From The Inside
                      Left Out
                      Lost In The Crowd
                      No More Love
                      Better Version
                      Burning Bright
                      In Memory
                      All I Ever Wanted
                      Stranger Inside
                      Lacerated
                      Crying Out
                      Simple Man
                      Heroes
                      Save Me
                      I Dare You
                      Yer Majesty
                      Beyond The Sun
                      Trade Yourself In
                      Lady So Divine
                      Shed Some Light
                      Begin Again
                      Atmosphere
                      Fake
                      Some Day

Comment

Shinedown looks to be the only thing worth seeing IMO. The remake of Simple Man is excellent.

Bolton??
                        Last edited by Grim; 10-09-2006, 08:43 AM. Reason: Forgot a "b"

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

I went to see Bolton because my brother and dad really like him. So far I normally have one of two reactions:

"Why would you go to see Michael Bolton?" (or in Sole's case, "Michael Bolton is a no-talent ass clown.")

or

"OMFG MICHAEL BOLTON WAS THERE?! I WANTED TO SEE HIM SO BADLY!!!"

So far I haven't had anyone that really didn't care that he was there.

Comment

Working...
                          X