Save-a-dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save-a-dude

My PC have a virus or something that doesn't allow me to open most of the programs, principally some .exe and .bat.

The only way to solve it seens to be using the Windows XP CD (which I lost). If anyone knows another way to fix it, tell me. Here is an example of this stupid error that keeps annoying me:

I tried translating it to the English, so it is similar to this:

Subsytem MS-DOS of 16 bits

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. The system file isn't adjusted to the execution of aplicatives of MS-DOS and of the Microsoft Windows. Choose 'Close' to finish the aplicative.

I've had that same problem before. I don't remember how I fixed it, but I think it was because I disabled something in my processes I wasn't supposed to. may have been rundll32.exe??? been messing around in task manager lately joao?

Comment

Well, it's not a new problem to me, I don't know how it happened. And what should I do about the rundll32.exe?

Comment

no idea, i think i just did an OS-re-install. but of course, wait for baker

Comment

Joao, I got your private message and I don't know anything special about batch files or the DOS shell.

That being said, I notice that is Gunter's auto-IP detector for launching Quake.

The ProQuake Launcher can do the same thing as that. Set "Connect: Net IP" and the ProQuake Launcher with do what Gunter's script does (it doesn't use a batch file to get the IP, of course) ... no batch files or anything else required.

With Connect: Net IP set in the ProQuake Launcher, it will automatically detect your Internet IP and use -ip xx.xx.xx.xx when it starts ProQuake.

http://www.quakeone.com/proquake

Bottom Left button, click it until it says "Connect: Net IP".

If you aren't using ProQuake, there is a beta of the Qrack Launcher available and a DarkPlaces one coming soon.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Baker, this isn't the problem. It's not ONLY that .bat file that gives me the same error. Some .exe and other files do the same to me.

Comment

Try doing Start -> Run -> "command" instead of Start -> Run -> "cmd" and see if it works.

"cmd" is the Windows XP/2000 style DOS shell, which isn't fully backwards compatible with pre-Windows 2000 applications.

"command" is the old school DOS.

It looks like your application might be the old school type. I don't really have special knowledge of Windows, I hope that helps.

You also might consider getting DOS Box at http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/ which is good at running old DOS games that otherwise can't be played on Windows XP/2000.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                "command" is the old school DOS.
                Ahh, the good times.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                It looks like your application might be the old school type.

You also might consider getting DOS Box at http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/ which is good at running old DOS games that otherwise can't be played on Windows XP/2000.
                I agree. Not compatible with XP. I've not tried DOS box so I can't comment on it.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

(i think i am gonna get slapped for thid one )

it is always a good time too format :d

Comment

Working...
                  X