Get Ready for IE 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ready for IE 7

Microsoft this month will be pushing out Internet Explorer 7 to Windows users who download security updates through Microsoft Update or Automatic Updates.

Read: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/secur..._internet.html

IE 7 sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
      IE 7 sucks.
      you just say that because you got owned by it when you tried to install the beta and didn't read the instructions ("noobs shouldn't try to install").

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
        you just say that because you got owned by it when you tried to install the beta and didn't read the instruictions ("noobs shouldn't try to install").
        haha own'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
          haha own'd.
          Nuts, you beat me to it.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Firefox for the win. I will never use a browser without ad-blocker again.
            Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

I'm sorry but people that use Internet Explorer as their web browser are either very smart (because you have to be) or very ... err ... let's just say if you aren't in IT or very computer literate Internet Explorer can be very risky.

Some people ARE, in fact, smart enough to use Internet Explorer and not have problems. That's 10% of computer users.

The other 90% end up formatting their hard drive due spyware/virus/something else. I have 6 or 7 friends that used to say it didn't matter what browser you use. Most of them use FireFox now only after hard drive formats -- which just goes to show most people have to get the "first hand experience" before learning, haha.

I'm sure IE7 will be a great browser but Microsoft was once put in a near monopoly situation with internet browsers and they really demonstrated some serious neglect during that time -- not just of the security, which was terrible -- but also not updating it at all feature-wise.

It's great that it is being updated because a large number of people and almost all companies use whatever comes with their computer so maybe CSS will be better.

But my favorite part is that I look forward to lot of websites that don't get updated frequently rendering wrong in IE6, hehe.

I doubt the new IE7 really does anything "new".

However, one of IE 7's most useful security features, a protected mode -- billed as a "containment wall" to prevent the browser from installing software or changing computer settings without the user's consent -- will not be available for XP users.
              Haha. What a fantastic browser.

I already have that feature. Everyone using FireFox, Opera, Safari or something not Internet Explorer has that. Only Internet Explorer installs stuff without user consent.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                Some people ARE, in fact, smart enough to use Internet Explorer and not have problems. That's 10% of computer users.

The other 90% end up formatting their hard drive due spyware/virus/something else. I have 6 or 7 friends that used to say it didn't matter what browser you use. Most of them use FireFox now only after hard drive formats -- which just goes to show most people have to get the "first hand experience" before learning, haha.
                I use IE w/out any trouble... I simply do not like it.

So far I'm using Opera v9.02 and it's what I like in a browser. No issues so far. Only thing I had to do was a java update, but it's no biggie.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Again, IE sucks.

RocketGuy wrote:

you just say that because you got owned by it when you tried to install the beta and didn't read the instructions ("noobs shouldn't try to install").
                  I feel so sorry for you, you will never install it

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
                    I feel so sorry for you, you will never install it

ROFL

Comment

Thanks for quoting joao, RocketGuy Otherwise I wouldn't know wtf you were replying aboot

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post

ROFL
                        haha own'd yet again.

I've always used IE as my main browser until IE6 came out. I hated IE6 so I started using FireFox. Then after awhile of using FireFox and the hype of it wore off I started using IE again. Eventually it ended up being a "if it's an odd day I'll use IE if it's even I'll use FireFox" thing for me. I just randomly used one of the two.

When IE7 came out I was pleasantly surprised. It's vastly improved in terms of it's rendering engine. I like the tabs in that each tab has an X button instead of the X button being on the far right of the window like it is in Firefox (although I just grabbed the 2.0 beta version of FireFox and they've added the X button to each tab now). Plus since IE is built into the OS, it loads much faster than FireFox does. I don't like to wait a couple of seconds to be able to start surfing the web. I like to start surfing right away

IE has popup blockers and tied in with my virus protection and Windows Defender Spyware, I have no problems surfing web sites. My settings have ActiveX Scripting turned off by default (can enable on a per-webpage basis). It works for me and I've never had a problem.

Aside from that I don't see much difference between IE7 and FireFox. They now have the same basic features such as a proper rendering engine, tabbed browsing, popup blocker, and security settings. Add in the fact of the few extra seconds saved loading IE and it wins for me.

Comment

IE with tabs? THE WORLD HAS GONE FIDDLE FADDLE FOO!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X