Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Score one for Marijuana ! Go Go Green Machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alchohol, Tobacco, Marijuana, or any other TOXIN you put in your body WILL hurt you.
    Everytime you run, your body creates toxins.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaerobic_respiration

There are toxins in your food, in your medicine cabinet and every anesthesic a doctor or even a dentist uses is a toxin.

There is bacteria in the air, on counters, in food and pollutants in the air and in your water ... the government mandates safe levels of pollutants in the water but they are still in there.

Cars emit exhaust, sunlight damages cells.

Health nuts get shot/hit by cars/fall down stairs and or ... SHOCK .. get cancer or have heart attacks or get sick. People that don't smoke or live near asbestos get lung cancer. People that eat the "right things" get colon cancer.

And even if none of the above existed, all of us are still going to die. Cells cannot indefinitely reproduce as the telomeres, critical to cell replication, get shorter and shorter ... one of the key components to aging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere

I personally don't like doing things that step me closer to death.
    Every second you are getting closer to death.

To me, it isn't a question of only how long people live -- we do have some control over that -- but whether or not one gets to use their talents and enjoy living and, to the extent possible, make the world a better place or at least not make it a worse one.

I'm not sure how much people that live 90+ years really enjoy being "very old", we seem to put a lot of them in retirement homes which is just a fancy way of "getting them out of the way".

I guess I personally care more about having some freedom to make mistakes rather than to have governments/corporations enforce a robotic, clean and -- ultimately -- sterile lifestyle on people. It would be nice to have more freedom than your typical black ant living in the ant hill.

Especially when some of these "decisions made in our behalf" add questionably little to the quality of life or even the length of life.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

honestly, i dont consider doing drugs and getting fucked up "living my life to its fullest", or "keeping my mind open to new ideas". that is the #1 arguement that advocates of drugs and marijuana use. i can honestly enjoy life and have fun without the need of intoxication. i feel bad for those who cant or choose not to.

Comment

you're just looking at it the wrong way. Do whatever the fuck you want! I get high only if I'm doing something extreme like cliff jumping, skateboarding, skiing, boarding, etc. If you don't want to do it, then don't. But stfu trying to make us feel bad LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
          Plenty of things
          Baker, I could care less about what you think you know. Do what you like, I'm just saying that it's incredibly idiotic to hurt yourself purposely.

I have friends who go out and get hammered, start turning blue, and are put on the top of Soda Machines so that gravity pulls the vommit out of their bowels.

I also have friends who go out and get completely fucked up once and have turned into begging addicts.

Not particularly the way I like to spend my life.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Bank View Post
            Baker, I could care less about what you think you know. Do what you like, I'm just saying that it's incredibly idiotic to hurt yourself purposely.
            precisely the point i was making

Comment

Working...
            X