Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most users ever online new record...good to know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most users ever online new record...good to know.

Look:

Nice, huh?

I can't view what joao is saying nor do I fully understand anything by the title of the thread but I'll take a wing at it.

Quakeone has a lot of users!!! yay!

Comment

Actually, most of those are spider bots that occasionally bombard the site to index pages in search engines.

The prior "record" of 70 on March 26 was also due to a spider bombardment.

I think one reason why we occasionally get a lot of spiders is that there are close to 20,000 posts and those things have a lot of crawling around to index stuff.

Yeah, Solecord could probably block them or something but then those pages wouldn't be indexed in the search engines as well ... which is something we wouldn't really want since we get king-sized Google refers in the several thousands per month.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yes a majority of users online at the time were search engine bots and spiders. I would never block them unless we had no use to promote ourselves. The spiders will log the pages into their engine so when you search for shit on Google for example, our site will show up in the results

If you view the "Who's Online" page you'll see who's a real user and who's a search engine bot.

Comment

cool
          I'm back, and better

Comment

Apparently Yahoo! Spider just found the site because that's who's been bombarding us with hits over the last couple of days. That's good news because we've been mainly recieving hits from Google and only Google.

Comment

So people would actually have to be using Yahoo to search for this site? Is that how these "spiders" work?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Yup, being someone who uses the "Users online" feature, I see all of the spiders...all of the time.
                "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

The spiders are little bots from whereever (in this case Yahoo! Slurp Spider) that will scour the internet and log all of the pages they come across. It's used to index webpages into the Yahoo! search engine.

Comment

Working...
                  X