VG Music redone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG Music redone!

RenegadeC brought this to my attention. These guys record themselves to create an oldschool video game song (like super mario world) using only their vocals. Some have funny lyrics in them as well ENJOY!

Source

Originally posted by Dark Grapefruit
    Back when I was a lurker, I saw a really cool thread in which people recorded themselves singing video game music on multiple tracks. There seem to be a few repeats of classic threads floating around right now, so I thought I might try to bring back one of my favourites. The original doesn't seem to have been goldmined and I don't have archives access, so unfortunately I can't link to it.

How it works: Listen to a piece of VG music track by track (melody, harmony, bass, etc.). There are emulators out there that can allow you to block all other tracks to listen to just one, but I don't usually need to use them. Once you've got a good feel for the music, open Audacity or another recording program that allows you to record multiple tracks to a file. Record yourself singing each track one by one - in Audacity, all you need to do is hit record to start a new track while playing whatever tracks you already have. I like to play the music in Winamp and listen with headphones, recording along with what I hear. Audacity can play all your recorded tracks so you can check if you have them synced correctly.

ps - if you think this thread is nothing but a bunch of pics, click on the pic to be AMAZED

sweet!

Comment

Working...
    X