X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluntz
    replied
    Ban Omicron
    That is 5 votes in as many pages,this one is as bad as anyone I have EVER seen.
    Someone take out the trash !!
    Last edited by bluntz; 08-13-2011, 08:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AAA
    replied
    I said it before, some kind of a chat feature would be a big plus in getting games going or a quakeone.com app with a chat like steam.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    BEEER FOR ROOK,IN THE SHAPE OF MISSISSIPPI !!!

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    Each empty server is a chatroom for 16 people

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    Trolling on a chat would be easier than posting. It'd be a second option to it. Just instead of pictures it'd be harassing text. Then not to mention just simple spamming of it.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    I can think of a handful of people right off the top of my head who would abuse the ability to spam a Q1 chat room especially when we're trying to do grownup stuff, like be civil.

not only that but it might also put in place security issues with the website.

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    A chat applet has no place to post anything but text,
    I can't see how it could be worse than what we have now with permanent posts.
    Text just rolls off, so I just don't get it.

Leave a comment:

• LambentHammerBurst
    replied
    A chatroom would just be abused. Look at the recent posts we had recently - now multiply that.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by bluntz View Post
    Live chat is so sorely missing here.
    It is 2011 and I still gotta fire up IRC to get a match setup.
    It would take 5 min to add to the front page.
    What gives?
    I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree with adding a chat to a fully functional forum. That would be like adding rockets to "rice rockets". This is how we chat (on forums).

Personally I think a chatroom on this site would belittle the quality of the forum.

Of course this is all up to Solecord so... heh...

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Adding a chat would be just another spot for wolv to post penis's.

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    Live chat is so sorely missing here.
    It is 2011 and I still gotta fire up IRC to get a match setup.
    It would take 5 min to add to the front page.
    What gives?

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
    Just so long as its minimizable or unintrusive. Facebook and everything like it I've lost interest in, and it would be a kick in the face to see it invading quakeone.com webspace in any fashion.

Stick its ass in the Bookmarks section, I never use that shit anyway EITHER.....
    I see it as a way to form a kind of 24/7 Quake1 Expo for modders/mappers/coders as news can spread VERY fast on FaceBook and there are MANY eyes to put fresh Quake1 content in front of. I know OoPpEe would like more people using his stuff

Facebook is a very valuable tool to get attention! don't underestimate it!

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    Just so long as its minimizable or unintrusive. Facebook and everything like it I've lost interest in, and it would be a kick in the face to see it invading quakeone.com webspace in any fashion.