Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker? I am kicking ass. This site doesn't have the power to hold me back, it's just a site. It can only do what it was programmed to, and I doubt vB programmed in "holding people back".

I hold me back. I've been programming "non-stop" for... I don't even know. I get burned out, my mind needs an escape and it latches on to something trivial. I then mistake "TAKE A BREAK!" for inability to overcome distraction. I become frustrated.

I'm not distracted, I'm burnt. I need to go to Disneyland or something. That's why I pounded this site for the last 2 days. I really don't care what x+t is! Damn to Hell x and t, along with any other letter that has a problem with it.

Understand?

---

I have penned quite a library of scripts in a fairly short time. I haven't lost the scope of my code in my reprieve and chances are high that no one is going to understand how I took a break - as I throw another 50 hours into it over the course of the next few days.

It's like being in prison, sometimes.

---

@"I'm sorry" - You can go back to Sesame Street with that "feelings" crap. In actuality, this was all so yesterday and trivial. I'm not worried about it, man.
    Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM. Reason: I'm practicin' Engliish.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
      I'm not distracted, I'm burnt. I need to go to Disneyland or something. That's why I pounded this site for the last 2 days. I don't give a fuck what x+t is...fuck x and t and any other letter that has a problem with it. lol.
      I get that.

@"I'm sorry" - You can go back to Sesame Street with that "feelings" crap.
      Protip: You forgot to say "F*ck you!"
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Not to "serious" it up or anything but, long before I read this:

Protip: You forgot to say "F*ck you!"
        I had removed every rude curse word, all of the garbage. I'll admit the spirit of what you said is well received, but the actuality of it is something that subtracts from me. It only took me 38 years to realize it.

I mean, of course, Fuck you and you never have to forget that , but I'm moving on, bro.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-06-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

I'll admit the spirit of what you said is well received, but the actuality of it is something that subtracts from me. It only took me 38 years to realize it.
          There is an implicit question in there. I only know the answer for me.

Becoming the best you can be doesn't mean avoiding your humanity. Quite the opposite, it means embracing it as who you are.

For me, I do things, I share things, I communicate, I think. I make mistakes, I am sometimes in error. I am sometimes funny, and sometimes I simply screw up. And I'm always learning.

That's me. And I hold no one to a higher standard than that. I'm not afraid of who I am, nor am I afraid of who other people are and I take it all at face value and with a smile.

For instance, I've probably defended about every forum troll who walked in here or every jerk who posted here, not because I think that kind of behavior is right but because maybe they have something to say. And if not, it never hurts to hear someone out.

Focus is putting your foot on the gas pedal, and never looking back. Never second-guessing. Do the best you can, be productive as you can be and don't sweat the small stuff. There is always time to reminiscence or second-guess yourself tomorrow, and that is a waste of time for tomorrow. Humans are good are overthinking things to the point of obsession but the key is: Don't Think. Decide what you want. Then do.

Do your best today, concentrate on what you want --- not on what you don't want. Your focus determines what happens, make sure it is on the positive.

Who cares what some random dude on the internet says? Do you get it? If you get distracted by that, what other petty side quests are going to separate you from your goals?
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

You're a smart dude Baker, but you suffer from a complex that was instantiated in you by all the people that have kissed your ass over your inventions. You think that you matter. You also think that what you say matters. You think this to a degree that has you espousing your wisdom to people with a hell of a lot more experience in this world than you.

I say this with no ill regard. You come off as a "know-it-all" with a VOCABULARY to back it up and enough theory to make it sound legit. I don't need you to explain life to me, Baker. I am a fully grown man that has been on his own since I was 16. I beat a 10+ year alcohol addiction 9 years ago, with NO help, none. No fuckin AA, books, tapes, whatever. Beat it for real too, we could go have a beer right now and it's not gonna spiral into my past. It's just a beer and it has no power over me. I use this truth as an example that no matter how low I get and no matter how overcome and consumed I am with something - I will prevail.

You do not have the power to affect me to any focus-worthy degree. Nor the experience to be explaining life to me. K? When you realize that you're kinda like a smart kid trying to tell the grown-ups what to do (to me), you will realize what a waste your dissertations are.

I know that sounds horrible - patronizing fully grown men deserves no other response. You should work on that. All you have to realize is 3 things:

1) Baker is the only one that cares what Baker has to say
            2) Just because you maybe know something, doesn't mean you have to explain it. (or that you are even right)
            3) Baker is nobody and has no business expecting anything from anyone or holding anyone to any standards

When you realize that, you will go from being annoying to being a man. No man is an island, you think you're a fucking resort. Get over it. I tell you this because I used to be you. Some c.ocky know-it-all that had all the answers for how people should be. It's incredibly fucking annoying and the worst possible way to ever get your point across.

You will grow. Let's see if you will start now, or attempt to explain to me the equivalent of "blah blah blah ramble ramble ramble" in a college vocabulary. Don't get me wrong, I think you are brilliant, you just need to STFU sometimes.
            Last edited by MadGypsy; 05-06-2013, 11:33 AM.

Comment

You're a smart dude Baker, but you suffer from a complex that was instantiated in you by all the people that have kissed your ass over your inventions. You think that you matter....
              I love this whole post and that's what I was hoping you would say to me, maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                I love this whole post and that's what I was hoping you would say to me, maybe 2 or 3 months ago.

Exactly.
                I don't mean to sound annoying. Some people might laugh at this post; some people might cry when they read this post. But I am really desperate to know some things... Seriously, what happened to Baker? It's been quite a while since I've heard from him. I think that his posts are very interesting and entertaining. But what happened to him? To a degree, I miss him. It sounds strange, but I really do miss him.
                "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

It's not that strange. Like him or not, he gave a lot to the Quake community over a long period of time in many ways both in front of and behind the scenes. This may not be a popular opinion with some but I too hope that he is okay, is happy doing whatever it is he is doing, and will one day return.

Kind regards

Monty
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I cant lie, sometimes I miss going tit fot tat with baker. I'm sure I should probably be interested in some other kind of tits and I miss those too sometimes..lmao

If I had to guess, baker is better at doing something I should have done long ago, bringing talents and focus somewhere that has a monetary future. In other words, Id put money on Baker being employed as a programmer and elbows deep in some project.

Or maybe even some other profession but fiercly dedicated none-the-less. Thats my impression based on the thousands of his posts that I've read, here and elsewhere.
                    Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-07-2014, 04:49 PM.

Comment

I must join in on this discussion. I simply miss every single person who has ever quit playing quake period. I miss them all dearly. I wish this was 1996-1999 all over again. It sucks sitting at a server waiting several minutes if not hours for a 'single' player to show up.

To all missed quakers may you return asap!

Comment

you miss larry mondello?

dunh dunh duuuuuh! lol

I do, that guy was... IDK he was summin and it was funny.

Comment

you miss larry mondello?

dunh dunh duuuuuh! lol

I do, that guy was... IDK he was summin and it was funny.
                          Actually no i do not. That guy was a pile of waste sitting on the curb side waiting for the waste disposal persons to pick it up.

Comment

cmon man. He's just some guy. Being a genius and incredibly creative can drive a person a bit mad, bro. I know of people that share your regards for him but directed at me. I'm no pile of waste. Ive made mistakes and eternally holding them against me is not making the world a better place.

For all his brains LM was driven by emotion. He let them consume him and ultimately he brought himself down. Who's a pile of waste - a guy fighting himself or a guy that hates that guy for failing? Probably neither but hopefully Ive made some point in that statement.

A while back someone went off on me here with VOLUMES of genius laden babble. He wasn't a waste either, he was just wasting his time.

Its easy to just hate someone. You can just walk away and be done with it. It takes a lot of character to recognize/understand someone and accept them accordingly. If you can pull it off though LMs can't get under your skin, they become exactly what they are trying so hard to be...a show.
                            Last edited by MadGypsy; 08-07-2014, 10:35 PM.

Comment

cmon man. He's just some guy. Being a genius and incredibly creative can drive a person a bit mad, bro. I know of people that share your regards for him but directed at me. I'm no pile of waste. Ive made mistakes and eternally holding them against me is not making the world a better place.

For all his brains LM was driven by emotion. He let them consume him and ultimately he brought himself down. Who's a pile of waste - a guy fighting himself or a guy that hates that guy for failing? Probably neither but hopefully Ive made some point in that statement.

A while back someone went off on me here with VOLUMES of genius laden babble. He wasn't a waste either, he was just wasting his time.

Its easy to just hate someone. You can just walk away and be done with it. It takes a lot of character to recognize/understand someone and accept them accordingly. If you can pull it off though LMs can't get under your skin, they become exactly what they are trying so hard to be...a show.
                              He never got under my skin. Actually i enjoyed the show while it lasted. He just came here for what reason? This had to do with "rambo" and "larry". I just simply defended a friend. When people type all these fancy post and it makes them seem to be a "genius" or some "brilliant" person it means NOTHING to me. If i had to sit here and take my time to write this all up i could do the same exact thing. I pretend to act stupid only because of the fact i am going to be "MYSELF" and no one special. I enjoy reading stuff from Mindz all the time because the shit he say's is like WTF but funny at the same time. No one should be here to impress someone by the way they type. I mean if you are into that so be it, I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                                I wish this was 1996-1999 all over again.
                                The only thing I didn't like about 1996-1999 was the fact that youtube did not exist. If youtube existed back in the day, I think that Napster would still be around... Since the establishment of youtube, people have pirated less material... To a degree, youtube controls the flow of information. But enough about youtube. The 90's had excellent television programs, great music, and wonderful games.
                                "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Working...
                                X