A night in the Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A night in the Airport

Yesterday I was supposed to arrive at Gulfport, MS, at 6:00 PM. Well, it didn't happen.

The Dallas Fort Worth Airport had a bad storm from 1:00PM to about 4:00PM. Our flight didn't arrive to the San Antonio Airport until about 3:00. We were supposed to leave San Antonio at 2:30 - we actually left at 4:00.

So I finally got to Dallas at 5:00, only to find out my plane left without me. In fact, my plane took off the same time I arrived. So I got a ticket for 8:30 in the morning.

So I had to spend the night at the airport. I was there for 16 hours.

I wandered around a few of the different terminals, and eventually wound up at gate B16, where my flight was supposed to leave from.

I met three people there, and the four of us stayed in that area for the night. One guy was a navy member who was heading to Houston because his grandfather had just passed away. He was stationed in Japan.

The other two were some older women that had just gotten there from Hong Kong. They had been travelling for about three days now.

So we had some bad service at the airport - we didn't get any blankets or pillows, and the airport is really chilly inside (others that stayed in different areas complained and somehow got blankets, ect.)

Well, long story short, I was there for 16 hours until I finally departed for Gulfport. We go to Gulfport because the tickets are cheaper there than going to Mobile, and it's only an hour drive away.

They had offered for me to travel to New Orleans or Pensacola, but the problem was that my luggage was still in Gulfport so there was no reason to go to another airport.

Anyway, here's a map that shows where I slept at. I actually slept for about 5 or 10 minutes - it was very uncomfortable there so I didn't get much sleep.

Oh one more thing - I was supposed to be at work at 11:00 AM. My managers didn't have a problem with me not showing up today because this wasn't my fault. It was all due to the weather, and the plane company's mistakes - and unfortunately we had to suffer because of some damn storm.

Whoa dood, that is majorly sucky. Hopefully next time you will get a better trip. Sorry about that, and I hope you didn't freeze to death...

Comment

I got stuck once at the Las Vegas airport with a 17 hour flight delay.

The airport is a sucky enough place to be, where everything is overpriced and there is nothing good to do. Being there for 17 hours and having to sleep there was unbearable.

The good thing was I got a free ticket voucher out of it and it was a good excuse to go to Las Vegas again because it had a 1 year expiration date.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X