Let's talk about trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about trees

After a deep, random discussion with a friend, I'm left wondering where Oxygen comes out from the tree. Does it come out of the branches? Does it come out of the roots? Does it come out of the core? Does it come out of the leaves?

Anyone here a scientist?

No trees were harmed in the making of this website.

Comment

It comes from leaves:

The bottom of a leaf has a bunch of these microscopic holes called "stoma"

These holes suck in carbon dioxide (CO2), and the leaf removes the carbon and releases the oxygen(O2).

Comment

QuadRaptor is by far the smartest tree scientist known to man.

Comment

Now you could take this one step furter with a discussion of a paperless society which we've been waiting forever for. Well almost paperless. Of course this would put alot of companies out of business but I'm all for Schools going paperless !!!! There is no reason to have to keep lugging around a 75lb backpack.
          www.Net-Tyme.com
          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

True but when you're managing yourself, you need to have better security on your assets, liabilities and equities. Unless someone breaks into your home to personally steal them, paper is the safest way of keeping information.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
              I'm left wondering where Oxygen comes out from the tree. Does it come out of the branches? Does it come out of the roots? Does it come out of the core? Does it come out of the leaves?

Anyone here a scientist?
              Well, oxygen is only generated by photosynthesis. Photosynthesis only occurs in the leaves so ...

Does it come out of the leaves? Yes.
              Does it come out of the branches? No.
              Does it come out of the roots? No.
              Does it come out of the core? No.

At least this is always what I've been led to believe.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Wow, this is fascinating. We must discuss more about the intriguing life of Earth's plants.

Comment

No tree is safe from Mindz...Mindz smokes tree's for breakfast!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

But how many Mindz can you fit in a BSP tree?

...if netQuake, 16, 32 in QW (64 in DarkPlaces).
                    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                      so thats what happened 2 the rainforest !
                      SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                      THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                      sigpic

Comment

While trees do produce alot of oxygen, let's not forget about these cuties:

PanterA-RuM - chase_active 1 - Panix!

Comment

omg this shit is necrofucked by STATIC and Panix.

Those plants arent safe either, I bet they would make a great TEA.

move over Lipton!
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

!

Originally posted by Panix View Post
                            While trees do produce alot of oxygen, let's not forget about these cuties:

take a deep fresh breath of that cool Afghani air...
                            SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                            THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                            sigpic

Comment

clarification to any misconceptions deluded ppL may have arrived at

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                              Snoop Dogg and Ray J - Smokin Trees Video
                              SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X