No announcement yet.

a sad day indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It depends on the drug, you can't always just call it pure stupidity or darwinism / natural selection. Yes taking drugs in the first place is dumb in and of itself, but drugs loosen you up and help you party. That's what they're there for. When you start abusing the drugs alone, you become an addict... cokehead, methhead, junkie, whatever. You get shady and start stealing from friends / family.

When you're a recreational user like me, you understand the risks but (ab)use responsibly.

Tell me why is it legal to take a prescribed oxicontin when you feel pain, but illegal to take a line of coke when you feel depressed, slow, or in bad spirits? Why can't you take an ecstasy pill when your marriage is going sour and your sex sucks? But you can get antidepressants to pop at any time you want for any reason at all.

As for OD deaths, not all are stupid. Heroine / oxi is a very easy drug to OD on. The window between getting fucked up and getting too fucked up is very tiny, you can overshoot it and die. I refuse to fuck with that drug. It's just asking for problems.

Also, some people just get addicted, and it was their mistake in the firstplace but you can't take an inhumane approach and say they deserved to die for being stupid (getting their fix?)

Drugs should be regulated and handed out by the government and these ODs would occur far less often.
    Last edited by omix2; 05-03-2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X