Next Gen Consoles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Gen Consoles

What do you think will happen with the XBox 360, the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. I don't really have any thoughts on this.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Well the Nintendo Revolution is offering a devkit for only $2k which opens things up to smaller developers (usually more creative) and makes it easier for them to test and get enough done of a project to really court publishers all out. This could help get a few non EA games out there and thus... bring back the concept of gameplay that weve lost due to so many completely linear and "realistic" games.

On the same note, word has it that Microsoft is going to be offering a form of a devkit, more likely an SDK at this price, for both pc and xbox360 gamedev for only $100.

Ive no take on PS3 as the only reason to ever have either a PS1 or PS2 for me was to load Castlevania Symphony of the night. Sony has never done anything of interest for me.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

consoles suck. computers are WAY better. most console games get boring after a while, and they never have good multiplayer.

Comment

MOVE OUTTA THE WAY! GAMEFREAK COMING THROUGH!

REVOLUTION-the revolution will have online as will the other 2. it is backwards compatible with the gamecube games, and even has 4 gamecube control ports on the top of it(theres also 2 memory cardslots). im sure we all have heard of the "remote controller" that the revolution is using right? the controller will be wireless and it uses hi-tech motion sensor technolgy. here is some pics...
        Attached Files
        I'm back, and better

Comment

Nice pics, GameFreak.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Computer games still own console games in all aspects.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
              Nice pics, GameFreak.

thanks baker. as for monster, how does playing super smash bros. or something like contra ONLINE on the revolution sound? you should really get super smash bros. mellee monster. its the best gamecube game(even says it on the case)
              I'm back, and better

Comment

PS3(PLAYSTATION 3 IDIOT...)not too much to say about the ps3. it will be from 400 to 600$. it supposed to be the ultimate console, able to play movies, go on the internet and such, and even listen to music. recent news says they had to turn some stuff down, so guess what? ITS NOT COMING OUT TILL 2007 IN FALL! expect great games such as final fantasy, dragon quest, metal gear solid 4(along with others). again, here somes pics.
                Attached Files
                I'm back, and better

Comment

to be honest, I miss Sega Hardware.

I grew up on Nintendo & Sega , and since Sega Hardware is a thing of the past now,I honestly hope Nintendo crush's the Sony/Microsoft infidels.

Maybe after these current NexGen console's start aging, the next round will have Sega re-emerging as a Hardware company,and they will pwn once again.

Right now they are whoring out their popular software titles and no one's gonna expect it.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
                    to be honest, I miss Sega Hardware.

I grew up on Nintendo & Sega , and since Sega Hardware is a thing of the past now,I honestly hope Nintendo crush's the Sony/Microsoft infidels.

Maybe after these current NexGen console's start aging, the next round will have Sega re-emerging as a Hardware company,and they will pwn once again.

Right now they are whoring out their popular software titles and no one's gonna expect it.
                    dont fret mindz, be sure to check out the totally cool new sonic game that coming out for ps3. and dont worry, revolution is going to kill...and if your into nintendo, you should try this game when it comes out...THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS.
                    I'm back, and better

Comment

I keep hearing from my ever-reliable sources that the PS3 was going to be $700-$1000. Did they change that recently?

Comment

What do you think will happen with the XBox 360, the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution. I don't really have any thoughts on this.
                        Who cares. Consoles suck ass. The day they make a console I can plug my mouse and KB into is the day i'll buy one.
                        Chuck

Comment

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Consoles are good for third person games, sidescrollers, racers, things like that. Id say theyre good at RPGS but RPGS basically only need a TAB and Enter key, or their equivalent....

But yeah, keyboard mouse if its going to be first person or fast paced at all.
                            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Nothing beats Multiplayer GoldenEye 64

Comment

Working...
                              X