Computer Crashed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Crashed.

While my Dad was messing around with Linux (which runs off floppies and CDs for some weird reason), he got the blue screen of death somehow, and the partitions on my C drive (300GB) are all messed up and NOTHING is there. So we had to start from scratch by re-installing XP on the biggest of the messed up partitions. Now my Dad is trying to use recovery software to get back all of our files. So I won't be on Quake for A WHILE, I just don't feel like installing ALL of my MANY mods, MAPS WHICH I HAD A TON OF, and QRACK WHICH was a bitch setting up. AND MY CONFIG WHICH I can't remember any of. RARRGHGHGHG I hate it!!!!!!

just letting you know where I have been. Like I said, I won't be on Quake and any IM programs, unless something miraculous happens and all my files are back to normal.

300GB is a lot of space for 1 partition

Comment

NOOO i meant my WHOLE drive was 300gb, the partitions were all like 99 gb or something.

Comment

Welcome to the club, Monster. I downloaded a registry repair and bunged up my HD. Won't boot. But my uncle reinstalled windows, so it's fine now. If he has it done yet or not I dunno but my own machine may be back today. I'm just happy I know what I'm doing now... and my Quake setup is fairly simple.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, I just re-installed Quake, thanks to Yellow No. 5. (he made my day). My Dad is fixing the partitions and everything should be back to normal now.

But you know what else happened. My logitech optical mouse's left button stopped working. So I had to unplug it, put in a shitty DELL ball mouse that SUCKS with quake. I called Logitech and they said that they don't make that model of optical mouse anymore, but they'll send us one of equal pricing for free.

Comment

Working...
          X