Resident Evil 5: Racism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 5: Racism?

The game's trailer presented by Capcom shows scenes of a white character with an uniform similar to the army's one shooting black people, that are aparentelly zombies; which makes we think that the game goes on in an Africa's country. Because of that, an entity against the racism at the USA published a note in it's blog showing unhappyfullness* with the new game. The original post from the blog:

"The new Resident Evil's game shows a white man in a place that makes we think of Africa killing black people. They are suposelly zombies and the job of the white man is to kill them and save the humanity. I have a job to do and I will solve it. (...)"

This is the trailer: http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=EpIWhAAiNRc&NR=1

Post your opinions.

*That's totally wrong (I guess), correct me.

Um... how come people weren't saying this about the wetbacks in Res. Evil 4?
    I'm back, and better

Comment

lol I guess thats Capcom's way at getting payback for Grand Theft Auto San Andreas where you are Carl Johnson and you get to mow down defenseless people mostly white pasty lookn bitches in bikinis lol

But on a real note, if you haven't played the game I wouldn't start screaming RACISIM! the game looks interesting and I might pick it up and give it a go. placing it in Africa is a great change from the standard "LA, California" gameplay where you are running around metro areas and stuff... I don't really take offense to this video for a few key reasons... which are

#1.They are zombies
      #2.All zombies are trying to kill the main guy
      #3.What would you do in his situation?

"I'm surrounded by African zombies but I can't kill them because it might be considered racist I had better just run past them and search for the exit and pray there are plenty of zombies the same color as me that I can kill without getting flamed real bad" lol

anyway... its strange that they chose that location for the game but Its a game where you kill zombies... not African's, dead bodies...pixels, a game...

Theres nothing to see here. Get back to work!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

What if the game took place in Japan and the one American guy had to fight off a legion of Japanese zombies. Would that be racist?

Comment

zombies are old news. They need to add ninja zombies!

Comment

Joao, I'd be more worried about other things ...

Like how in Street Fighter every country was represented by human except for Brazil. :d

I mean like, dude WTF?
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Huh.... maybe Joao really has green skin!

Comment

How come everyone in Quake is a Caucasian male! This is so racist! and they are shooting/killing each other, thats completely racist against white people!

This whole time I was playing a racist white guy who hates white guys and all other white guys hate all the other white guys who isn't waring the same color shirt and pants... This isn't only racism... its gang related racism..

What are we trying to resurrect here?...oh my god....
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Don't forget, Quake is sexist too. Everyone plays as a dude in this game.

Comment

Baker: Do you really consider Dhalsim to be human? :x (btw blanka is really human as his human mommy hugs him in his ending)

Street Fighter III has two Brazilians: Sean and Oro

From all the fighter games I've played, only one had a fighter from Canada. A Yeti named Sasquatch in Darkstalkers

Comment

Um, I'm not white Phenom...
                      I'm back, and better

Comment

we can only guess by how people sound gamefreak. You sound like a white boy

so how's your internet gf? Actually meet her yet?

edit:

does your internet gf know you're not white?
                        Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 08-03-2007, 09:16 AM.

Comment

rofl

Comment

About the street fighter thing...

How can you know their nationalities? Do they say "IM A YETI FROM CANADA! ME KILLS, YOU DIE!!!" or maybe "IM A BRAZILIAN HULK! ME KILLS!!!"

And please, back on the fucking topic

Comment

The challenging fighter always has the match in their country. So if Ryu won the last round then Blanka challenged him, the fight would be in Brazil.

Comment

Working...
                              X