An easy Tor anonymizing package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An easy Tor anonymizing package

Here is a really cool package to automatically browse the internet with Tor, the anonymizing web proxy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_%28...ity_network%29

http://letwist.net/operator (the 2nd download mirror is the one to use, the first one is not available).

The internet has always been quasi-anonymous.

This "OperaTor" package uses the Opera browser and more or less buries the complications of using Tor. Pretty simple.

To test it out, you can just unzip it somewhere, start OperaTor and log-in here and you will notice your ip address (left side under user name) is different.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Tor is a good thing. It's far too easy to spy on people on the Internet.

Sadly, Germany again heads the downhill progress with an intended law to completely forbid the use of anonymizing services (not just providing them, no, USING them is to become illegal here soon.)

:-(

Do I have to rent a hotel room in Denmark just to set up a secure internet connection there? And I'm not even a terrorist.

What kind of times are we living in.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Oh and there have already been police actions here against people who set up Tor servers, including taking away their machines...

At least that's a sure sign that it works :-)
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I just wanted it so I can occasionally use my freedom of speech without leaving a trail on the net

Of the things I like about the USA, I have to say I like how freedom of speech is really put on it's own tier.

The quality of a Tor connection is rather poor, I don't think it is even good enough for casual surfing.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thanks baker. do you know of a way to make it look like your connection is coming from outside US&A?

edit--nm, this Tor thing did the job. I recently went into a deep depression because one of the best bittorrent sites, torrentspy.com, stopped serving clients from the US. WTF? if its illegal, shut it down. if its legal, lemme use it! of course its not that simple. i know everyone who followed the story enjoyed the interesting battle between the US legal system and allofmp3.com, a Russian website that sells popular songs for about 10 cents each. Basically, the site is legal under russian law, because they do offer some of the royalties to the artists (though they don't accept them), but illegal under american law. Apparently russian sized royalties are not enough, they want american customers to pay american royalties. fair enough; just gives more business to russian websites. So the only action ever taken against allofmp3.com was that Visa stopped processing orders for it. It didn't matter because within a week, allofmp3 set up a different pay system through a paypal type thing, with which you could use your Visa. later they voluntarily took the site down, and put it up again under a different name. im not sure what the address is, but they say it'll be up again under the original address soon. interesting. power to the pirates!!! err...people. yeah.
          Last edited by spooker; 09-01-2007, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X