Slow downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow downloads

Before I formated my PC, I downloaded stuff from american servers at 200kb/s. Now I download at 0-40kb/s. Whys that? And yes, Im on a LAN. Did I fuck up some settings or what?

Thanks in advance.

It could be that the other guy on your LAN is currently huffing the bandwidth, or the amount of hops between you and the server increaced, or for some reason it was a really good day when you were downloading 200kb/s. It's also possible the server you are downloading from is being downloaded from by a lot more people now for some reason, or it's possible your ISP or the ISP on the side you are downloading from is having technical difficulites... it will probably sort itself out.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

It could be that the other guy on your LAN is currently huffing the bandwidth
      Not really...

the amount of hops between you and the server increaced
      Maybe...

for some reason it was a really good day when you were downloading 200kb/s
      No, I could download at 200 kb/s any day, at any time...

It's also possible the server you are downloading from is being downloaded from by a lot more people now for some reason
      Maybe...

or it's possible your ISP or the ISP on the side you are downloading from is having technical difficulites...
      I can download stuff at 200 kb/s+ from brazilian servers, and I also ping around 15-30 on brazilian game servers. So, not ISP I guess...

Comment

I did say or isp on the server side
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
        X