Lord Of The Rings Online Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Of The Rings Online Weekend

I have no big plans this weekend other than the usual school projects. I figured I'd try out the 7-day trial of Lord Of The Rings Online. I'm not saying it's good or bad but I'm curious so why not.

The plan is just to meet up in this game this weekend and party together. Kill some ogres and piss on their dead corpse. We'll make a better fellowship than Frodo's did because we've all seen the movies and we all know what will kill us. Hell, there are countless scenes in the first movie where the mage and archer were in front of the party while the meatshields were in the back.

http://www.lotro.com/trial/index.php...ign=Free_Trial
    Here's the link for downloading the client. I'm not sure if Europe gets the same servers as North America does.

Races: Men, Hobbits, Elves, and Dwarves.

I'm going to play as Men because they're the only race tall enough to ride those really cool roller coaster rides (stolen joke from a really old magazine).

The Classes have a Leader, Meatshield, Warrior, Thief, Archer, Healer, and Mage.

Good, if you like it, I may give you my lifetime subscription to it. Liked it for about a month then I just couldn't play it anymore.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
      I have no big plans this weekend other than the usual school projects. I figured I'd try out the 7-day trial
      I stoped reading from this point. Maybe we could all meet at the new DarkEden, it will be back online at October 10th. Way better than any LOTR shit, I'm sure!

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
        I
        I stopped reading from this point.

@Grim. I don't plan on playing this game for more than a week. It's just something to do. I already have like 6 people in my party and I haven't even installed the game yet

Comment

Ok, no problem.

Comment

eq2 ftw

Comment

Over LOTRO? Anyday.

Comment

FOR THE HORDE!

/me makes train sound
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

FOR SEN'JIN!

/train

Comment

This game is pretty cool... I like it better than WoW I think...

Comment

This game sucks monkey shit fuck compared to what WOW offers.

Comment

How so?

Comment

I like WOW better than LOTRO for the following reasons:
                          1) 2 large ass teams against each other
                          2) games within games (you can play CTF and CA)
                          3) the skills/abilities/spell don't suck in WOW and they're fun to use

I only played LOTRO for say 5-7 hours total and I really have no motivation to play anymore. My opinions are my own though. A friend of mine who's never played any new games since 6 years ago liked LOTRO.

But I think the best reason I can give is that you can't bind T to chat. So fuck this game

The only nice thing I can say about this game is that the water looks better than HL2.

Comment

1) 2 large ass teams against each other
                            suxxors

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                              How so?
                              The screen is fixed on an animation to mount or dismount. In WoW, there are no restrictive animations. Instant dismoutning. Seems like LOTRO takes forever for the animation and changes your viewing perspective.

I can check my mail and buy things from vendors when mounted, LOTRO you cannot.

When reaching level 39 in LOTRO there are nothing but "Fellowship" or group only quests. WoW you can solo without grouping.

And yes, I do agree, water was very nice eye candy.

Comment

Working...
                              X