Superbug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superbug

While people at risk for contracting MRSA, or methicillin resistant Staph aureus, should be vigilant in order not to contract the bacterial infection, I thought I would make it clear that the media's induction of mass hysteria is leading people to conclude that there is ZERO treatment for such a thing, and this is purely false.

Vancomycin developed in the 70s-early 80s treats MRSA and MRSE, and a much more recently developed antibiotic class containing Platensimycin also has shown promise in treating MRSA. It disrupts fatty acid synthesis which are requisite for binary fission (reproduction basically) of the bacteria.

Be vigilant, NOT hysterical.

I'm currently fighting off a staph infection...luckily it doesn't appear to be MRSA since the antibiotics appear to working well, but the doc I went to for the prescription said she thinks eventually the bacteria will be resistent to all the drugs available and then people will start dying at a much larger rate. There will always be people who start the antibiotics but then stop taking them when the infection looks like its gone, and theres always some bacteria left which may grow stronger as a result. Plus in wealthy countries people tend to take antibiotics when they may not even need them resulting in weaker immune systems.
    "If we fight for money I'll stop hitting you when you ask me to. If we fight for honor, I'll stop hitting you when I feel like it." - Rickson Gracie

Comment

ive had a cough for 5 weeks....going to see a doc monday. OMGZICOULDHAVESARS

Comment

We most often contaminate ourselves. Don't put things in your mouth, wash your hands, be careful of common germy surfaces such as doorknobs, public bathrooms, cutting boards, computer apparatuses...

Stay away from sick people. When you add up all the defences... skin, your mucous membranes lining your airway, your nosehairs that trap germs, if you swallow germs, stomach acid, etc... if it makes it past that, it's your immune system's job.

The immune system is pretty good, and once you have a disease/virus and fight it off, you can't get it again. Then why do people get the cold multiple times? The cold virus is constantly changing. Medicines such as Tylonol, Rubitussin, Asprin, etc do not fight the cold, they relieve symptoms. Your immune system does the work.

Bottom line, take care of yourself and try not to do the things that most often make you sick.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Say NO to drugs kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam View Post
            Say NO to drugs kids.

Originally posted by Marylin Manson
            I don't like the drugs but the drugs like me.

Actually I'm happy to say I'm drug free, I occasionally have a mixed drink or a few beers every now and then
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

That's good. Not that this is an original thought by me (I'm stealing it from Dr. Drew), but they need to relabel 'addiction' Reward Activation Disorder, since that's what it is in a nutshell.

Comment

Yeah i dont do drugs or drink and I hardly ever get sick.. Its been years since I've had a cold and longer since I've had flu symptoms.

Comment

Working...
                X