Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooker
    replied
    damn sole, you're saying that mack daddy PC you bought isn't working? that breaks my heart. solutions?---buy prebuilt

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    replied
    How do you test the power supply? I'm a noob when it comes to hardware. lol

Leave a comment:

• foq
    replied
    Test the power supply. The +12v rail may not be giving it's proper voltage. Anything under 11.5 can cause instability like that.

Leave a comment:

• Solecord
    started a topic Computer Freezing.. anyone help?

Computer Freezing.. anyone help?

(I posted this on another forum, just pasting here as well...)

I just got this new computer towards the end of August and haven't had any problems until a couple days ago. I was playing Quake (yes the original Net Quake game) and about 45 minutes in the game froze and my computer would not response. CTRL-ALT-DEL did nothing. I hit the Reset button on my PC and everything loaded up fine. About an hour after this while I was browsing the internet with IE7 the compuer started running slow. When I'd scroll up or down on a webpage it was be very choppy. Finally it froze again while browsing the internet. Restarted again. Froze again. Next day the same thing happened while browsing the web. After about 4 or 5 restarts the computer started freezine right after Windows loaded up. Next restart I loaded the BIOs and while going through the screens here it froze.

First thought was some Windows updates I recently installed. I let the computer sit for awhile, turned it back on and removed the Windows Updates from 10/18, as well as a DIVX codec I installed about a week ago. Aside from those, nothing else has been installed on the PC since the first week of September. Everything ran fine for about an hour or two until it froze again when browsing the web. I tried using Firefox and Opera and it froze again using these different browsers. When I load Quake now it immediately freezes upon loading. Next I updated the graphics driver to the latest from the nVidia website. PC still froze up.

This morning I ran memtest and it returned no errors. nTune says my GPU temp is 60C idle. I just turned the GPU fan to 100% and the temp dropped to 52C idle. My CPU temp is 29-30C idle. It's never jumped too much higher under a load. (do those look normal?)

nTune says the CPU voltage is 1.475 V, Memory 2.2 V, FSB 2.75 V, HT 1.2 V, nForce 1.5 V (do those look normal?)

Any ideas? My system specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor E6750 at 2.67GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4M Cache
    Tagan TG1100-U96 TurboJet nVidia-SLI Certified 1100Watt Power Supply
    Asus P5N32-E-SLI NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
    2GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-8500C5D DDR2 1066MHz Memory
    2x 320GB S-ATA II 7200 RPM (RAID 0)
    500GB S-ATA II 7200 RPM
    nVidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB Xtreme Edition @600MHz
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Retail
    Windows XP SP2
    Vigor MonsoonTM II TEC Active CPU Cooling System with LCD Display and Triple 120MM Case Fan

Just to add: when I try to load America's Army the game loads EXTREMELY slow. It is almost as if it freezes but the computer still responds. I can hit the Windows key and come back to the Windows desktop and everything seems to work ok but if I jump back to the game it basically does not work. Not sure if this gives any further helpful info or not...
Working...
X