No announcement yet.

Computer Freezing.. anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard drives heat up pretty quick, espically if they are Raptors. Imagine your drive config is like this. Drive A and C should be fine, but drive B has:
    A: hot drives directly on top and below of it
    B: no way to cool down being sandwiched by the drives

If your drive config is like this, try to space them out. If they are spaced out, you should be OK.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Driver Installation Hints

* "Download Accelerator" utilities should be disabled when downloading any drivers.

* Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

* Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

If the new drivers give you the same problems then try the bios update.
      Bios update can fix alot of problems.
      My servers for the gamers:
      bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
      port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
      Offline ATM
      fvf.servequake.com
      flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
      Offline ATM
      newdm.servequake.com
      port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
        I know I never removed a previous version when upgrading, I simply installed the new driver.

I also found another article that said moving your RAM from slots 1/2 to 1/3 can resolve this...

http://www.drivercleaner.net/ (Third party software.)

(Uninstalling Source)
        When an NVIDIA display driver update is performed, the new driver will remove the previous drivers during the installation processor. Sometimes it is not successful in removing the older display drivers which can lead to display issues later on as a result of conflicting drivers. As a basic practice, it is recommended that you first uninstall the older display drivers before updating to a newer version. To uninstall your current NVIDIA Forceware display driver from your system, please follow these steps:

1) Open the Microsoft Windows Control Panel
        2) Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
        3) Depending on which driver version you are using, your graphics drivers may appear in differently in the list of programs installed.

-For older NVIDIA display drivers, it will be listed as "NVIDIA Windows Display Drivers". Click "Change/Remove" or "Add/Remove " button to remove the drivers from your system.

-For newer display drivers, it will be listed as "NVIDIA Drivers". Click "Change/Remove" or "Add/Remove" button to remove the drivers from your system. If your PC features other Windows components, then Windows will list the other NVIDIA components installed as shown in the picture below:

See Source link.

Choose "Remove only the following" and then click "NVIDIA Display Driver" and finally click on the "Remove" button.

4) Confirm with Windows that you wish to continue with the uninstall

Note: A prompt appears asking whether you want to delete all of the saved nView profiles. If you click Yes, all of the nView software and all of your saved
        profiles will be deleted. If you click No, the nView software is removed, but the profile files are saved in the Windows\nView directory on your hard disk. If you take advantage of the nView profiles, you may wish to keep your custom nView profiles.

Once the driver files have uninstalled, Windows will request that you restart your computer to complete the uninstallation.
        Last edited by Grim; 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM. Reason: Clarificatioin

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

So I removed my nvidia display drivers in safe mode and reinstalled the latest ones from the nvidia site and so far everything seems to be working fine.... *crosses fingers*

Comment

Working...
          X