HDTV, Digital cable, Satellite TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDTV, Digital cable, Satellite TV

I've avoid digital cable, satellite TV and the huge HDTV's like the plague, mostly because I been to other people's houses and they have like 5 boxes sitting on their TV, 6 remote controls and usually even playing a DVD or switching over to VHS is agonizingly painful often. If you hit the wrong button in one of the menus, you are fuct beyond belief and will have to spend an hour reading the manual. (Well, not me ... but they will )

My main TV has a $79 Toshiba DVD player under it. Under that is a small VCR and sitting next to it is a GameCube.

I told the cable company I don't need the cable tv box, the extra remote control (which in my experience all do a shitty job of changing channels) and as a plus, I'm guaranteed to not ever be tempted to pay $5.99 for a movie (I try to do Netflix).

Why can't they keep this sh*t simple? Or am I all wrong about this?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Keeping it simple is having a single tv hooked into the coax in the wall and catching the movie in the theaters if you want to see it bad enough.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

TV sucks now. I never watch it anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X