QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

OK bitch tits

Comment

Took you guys long enough to find out about this, I've known for many months
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Foq's such a nerd

Comment

foqer impresses all the babes with his mad google knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
            Foq's such a nerd
            Yep, sure am..
            And C*S, that's not google

Comment

What are all these numbers in.... megabytes? O_o

Comment

That's simply the scores the processor got.

Comment

teraflops

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                    teraflops
                    Not teraflops. It's just a number. The higher the better.

Comment

Does this mean we get free AMD (poker) CHIPS when we play at the Dredd office party??
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Yeah Phenom, I want a GP 7000!!

Comment

i never liked Intel, I hope AMD gets the success it deserves. I just love AMD.

I had an Intel comp before and it seems that after a few years and many programs that you install, the computer slows down, it's almost like a conspiracy by Intel to get you to throw it away and buy another one. Thats just my experience, it runs fast at first then it bogs down.

I understand things as cleaning up your computer or unused programs, and clean registry (which i never do, too tedious, and dont want to mess something up lol) and spyware removal and all that, but im not talking about that...

With my AMD cpu, i had this computer for almost 3 years (the one that I build) and aside from program loading at booting (which is unevitable on any computer) I never experienced any slowdown AT all. All my games run very smooth even newer ones, which are so demanding. I just feel that AMD is faster and smoother, I just feel it hehe.

I dont know if u guys heard but AMD partnered with ATI, another great company. My graphics card is ATI, I had a brief conversation with Foqer about the cards, as i said my previous comp was a intel with nvidia, i didnt like both. I played farcry on it, then when i switched to my newly built computer, farcry was much much more colorful alive and smooth.

also if u notice nvidia churns out cards like hamburgers, what does that tell u? in contrast ati has fewer cards but more high quality, and packed with so many more features.

...just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradi$e View Post
                            i never liked Intel, I hope AMD gets the success it deserves. I just love AMD.

I had an Intel comp before and it seems that after a few years and many programs that you install, the computer slows down, it's almost like a conspiracy by Intel to get you to throw it away and buy another one. Thats just my experience, it runs fast at first then it bogs down.

I understand things as cleaning up your computer or unused programs, and clean registry (which i never do, too tedious, and dont want to mess something up lol) and spyware removal and all that, but im not talking about that...

With my AMD cpu, i had this computer for almost 3 years (the one that I build) and aside from program loading at booting (which is unevitable on any computer) I never experienced any slowdown AT all. All my games run very smooth even newer ones, which are so demanding. I just feel that AMD is faster and smoother, I just feel it hehe.

I dont know if u guys heard but AMD partnered with ATI, another great company. My graphics card is ATI, I had a brief conversation with Foqer about the cards, as i said my previous comp was a intel with nvidia, i didnt like both. I played farcry on it, then when i switched to my newly built computer, farcry was much much more colorful alive and smooth.

also if u notice nvidia churns out cards like hamburgers, what does that tell u? in contrast ati has fewer cards but more high quality, and packed with so many more features.

...just my 2 cents.
                            I feel this same way, I haven't ran an Intel comp in my house since my Pentium 466Mhz, once I switched to AMd I noticed it was much smoother at multitasking, I also moved from Nvidia to ATI and things are just great

I also have built my own comps since 1995 and for myself I always go AMD but people who prefer Intel once I benchmark their PC's I feel as if the PC is doomed to feel like it only offers generic performance.

Also I have ran side by side tests with a Athlon XP 1.7Ghz (I know its older then dirt) and a Pentium 4 2.0Ghz both running 512MB ram and the ATI was breezing through with 10+ applications open while the Intel was caught stuttering and lagging while multitasking, very unpleasing when you expect top performance out of your hardware no matter what it benchmarks. I'll probably never jump back over to Intel, and I'm saving up for a AMD 6400+ as we speak

This AMD Sempron 2800+ isn't cutting the bread anymore, when I tried out the Crysis demo I quickly realized the utter limit of my PC when it auto detected my graphics settings to lower then medium. But I also don't consider my comp a gaming PC, I consider it a power-user PC because it only gets used for games 15% of the time out of the week, its main use is for audio recording, mixing, playing, graphical programs, video editing and TV recording.
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

To clear some things up...
                              There's nothing wrong with Intel, espically now with the Core 2 based processors. I just like AMD because they are more directed to the price/performance selling point the average customer takes into consideration. Not everyone wants a $200 CPU that a $100 CPU will do around 10% slower. I am also most experianced with AMD overclocking.

Nvidia vs ATi is really more of a thing where you choose which company you like better. Me it's Nvidia because I've always had Nvidia (again overclocking experiance plays a part here), except for an x1800XL, then switched to this 8500GT I have now and noticed very little difference in bare image quality. I would like to point out that the 8 series of Nvidia's cards have vastly improved image quality vs the 7 series and below.

Comment

Working...
                              X