X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari (the OS/X web browser) for Windows? Yes

This is really strange:

http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

There is a version of Safari for Windows.

Safari is the web browser for Mac OS/X that most web developers can't directly test web pages on (heh) because most people don't own a Mac.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Hmmm ... ok it works!

Interesting ... still not quite sure what to think except I never expected this.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Maybe microsoft owns most of Mac/Apple? As i know some microsoft programmers did work on the Mac's Excel spreadsheets, and/or office suite which is like 80% MS excel / office source apparently, as they restarted coding from the MS source code back in version 2.2.

So maybe they decided to release a cross-breed browser from conjoined source-codes?

IE borrow code from IE / and vise-versa.

Shrugs... either way never heard of it.

Awww, it doesn't support my windows. =(
      Last edited by Lerster; 11-30-2007, 07:26 AM. Reason: Boo no support for older windows platforms. =/

Comment

i heard in the past some PowerPC Macs could run ms windows software

Comment

Safari has been out for windows for a while. I think the idea was to use it as a trojan horse to seduce windows fans to osx. I hear it's kinda buggy. I'm on a mac, safari's alright for the most part, I often use firefox though.

There was supposedly a version of Windows NT back in the day that ran on PPC architecture but as far as I know the only way to run cisc apps on risc osx was/is virtual pc. I guess Linux for ppc is pretty good.

Comment

Im on Mac OS X 10.4.10 And I enjoy Firefox, as well, much more than safari, mind you Im no web developer.

// Damn it how do I quote!?!?

Anyways, as for microsoft owning most of apple? Not even the slightest bit. Dont be stupid.

And yes Apple computers, with the correct software, Can run windows. The Power PCs used "Virtual PC". The newer Intel Macs use whats called "Boot Camp". Check it out : http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/bootcamp.html

Unfortunately I dont have money for virtual pc or a new mac to run boot camp on. But I dont need crappy windows anyways! :d Even thought I totally would if I could.
            SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
            [email protected]
            AIM - EMHof1

Comment

I've known about this for a while.

When I heard about it, it was in beta and it was pretty buggy.

Comment

I performed gigs of Win games install on VPC/OSX to hack the data to run under OS X binaries.
                I also vispatched tons of Quake maps on Win98/VPC combo, on my old dual G4 PPC.
                The damn thing was running (slow) on the background but did the job pretty well (I remember fmb100 took about 18 hours to go with aguirRe's tools...).
                Now I'm running all this on the real thing. But VPC was a good way for me to learn PC (il)logic and most of it all, helped me to install, go under the hood and fix everything Quake to make it ready to play on the Mac.

BootCamp is now included with Mac OS X.5 Leopard and not a beta anymore.
                Meanwhile Mac users are still dreaming of a world full of killer GPU and try to play UT3, all settings down at gorgeous 800X600. I can hear them scream: It works!!!

Once you're aware of what a PC is made for, VPC and BootCamp prove to be as useful on a Mac as a blade an a Swiss knife!

Comment

in these days of sonic the hedgehog on nintendo systems, anything's possible

Comment

Working...
                  X