Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think the presidental election will be boring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former military leader of Pakistan... that means he probably wasn't born in the US. Sorry spooker, mission impossible.
    e|------------------------0---------------
    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
    A|---------------0------------------------
    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

rules dont matter that much to him. thats why i admire him

Comment

Wether you consider the rules or not, they're still there. The US won't let him run.

Why am I telling you this? You already know. Hopefully.

Comment

"he who has the guns makes the rules"

Comment

The Iraq war is meaningless as far as a truly important issue goes, which is why I hope it done with soon so it isn't a distraction.

The USA has some real problems:

#1. We don't export anything because we don't manufacture anything
            #2. We are big into consumer debt and interest only mortgages
            #3. The dollar is suffering continual deflation as a result.
            #4. Which stability is only maintained by foreign investment, but that means they are buying significant % ownership of American companies and real estate.
            #5. Social security is one big mess and the system will be broken in 10 years.

What we should do is legalize a lot of illegal immigrants who already work hard and have been here a long time, which among other things would increase tax revenues and energize the voting base, but they won't do that because:

1. In Western states, a lot of governors, senators, mayors named "Bob White" will lose their office to people named "Miguel Rodriguez".
            2. Republicans worry that they it will shift the vote away disfavorably, Democrats worry that the new voters won't care about their horde of niche agendas (unions, entitlements, etc.) and have more traditional family values.
            3. People fear change away from the status quo.

Consumer debt is massive, government entitlements are massive and we don't manufacturer things. You can't continually run a country like that and expect it to not catch up. The currency deflation is already hitting and prices are going to rise. Gas is going to end up being $7/gallon within 4 years.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              What we should do is legalize a lot of illegal immigrants who already work hard and have been here a long time, which among other things would increase tax revenues and energize the voting base
              I agree. We should legalize a lot of the currently illegal people. But we shouldn't do it just because it "seems like the right thing to do." A lot of people want legalization, but won't take the steps necessary to gain it. What does that say about those people? Now, there are always exceptions to every rule, and true, there are some out there that are just too busy trying to make a living to support their families to do the work required to become a citizen. But that doesn't hold true for everyone. I'm sure that several of those people that are picketting out there, saying "gimme it! gimme it!" could find plenty of time (perhaps use the time they're currently using to protest?) to earn citizenship. I use heavy emphasis on earn.
              I do agree that citizenship should be made easier to attain...but it shouldn't come automatically just because you think you deserve it since you've been here so long already. The germans, italians, irish, chinese and all the other people that came here durring the early days of this country, pretty much all of them did two things: earned their citizenship, and learned to speak English. So...people that enter from the north should have to work their asses off to earn citizenship in addition to the hard work they already have to do to support themselves....but those that sneak in from the south should be given citizenship *snap* just like that?

to quote Scoffer, "I call BS on that."

now before you flame me and call me a racist against mexicans or whatever, i am fully aware that its not just mexicans who are guilty of illegally entering the country.
              i am from Texas, people. I know whats going on with this illegal alian debate shit. Here in the Dallas metroplex (which includes Farmers Branch), it's very hard not to.

Vote Death Knight '08!

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight View Post
                I do agree that citizenship should be made easier to attain...but it shouldn't come automatically just because you think you deserve it since you've been here so long already.
                I agree with that. Although I have to say they've (the government) spent 20 years or so doing nothing.

Someday they have to make a decision and decide something.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I don't think we should legalize them just because they're already in the system. It seems creul, but we as Americans can't even take care of ourselves, let alone the extra load from all these illegals.

Comment

Methinks both you really missed my point.

I wasn't arguing legalizing illegal immigrants because "gee we should be nice people."

Illegal immigrants (1) have businesses (which are not taxed) and (2) are often employed in secret (without taxes being withheld) and they could work/run their own business legitimately so they would be doing more of #1 and #2.

The result in a legalizing a substantial percent of illegal immigrants would be twofold:

1) Much higher tax revenue
                    2) Would help disrupt career politicians by altering the electorate

Comment

don't get me wrong, i wasn't arguing with you. i think more legalization is a good idea. legalizing marajuana might be a good idea, too. think of the taxes Big Brother could rake in from that industry! consider how much they're already getting from tobacco.

what i was saying is that you shouldn't bitch and moan about getting something when you can earn it yourself. (legalization) if you cant earn it yourself, then educate yourself until you can. and learn some fuckin english for cryin out loud! {rant} if you want something from me, you'll have to learn to communicate with me in my language, not make me play the fuckin guessing game with your hand signals and muttering. if i was ever to take a trip to italy, for example, i'd probably need to know atleast a little italian in order to get the most from the trip. same with france, germany, china, japan, russia, pretty much every country in the world. and dont give me that melting pot crap about no national language. english is our national language. period. has been since the founding of this nation. {/rant}

thats all

Comment

Working...
                      X