Microsoft is a mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft is a mess

I've read some stories that Microsoft employees really feel the company is being mismanaged because Windows Vista (once called Longhorn) was supposed to come out back in 2004 or something like that.

Internet Explorer 7, they say, is a mess. It renders pages wrong and has bug fixes that actually might cause a nightmare and still isn't anywhere close to being done.

Since IE 6 has a ton of quirks and web developers have been employing tricks to work around the bugs for years, fixing them actually might cause millions of pages that IE 6 displays correctly to not display correctly in IE 7.

Microsoft also wanted to compete with the iPod and released their own proprietary music format. It is used by most of the non-iPod MP3 players, and iPods still have 80%+ of the market. Music download services such as Napster, which lost $17 million in 2005, blames Microsoft for their music format and failure to get hardware vendors to implement things the same.

And today I read this (saw it at slashdot) ...

What the heck is this??

"Since losing the patent case filed by Eolas, Microsoft has to change radically the way IE works with a lot of content, especially video and other ActiveX controls. eWEEK is reporting that Microsoft has gotten a one-time, 60-day extension in which developers and companies can try to re-engineer their Web pages and ads to work with the new regime. If devs don't make that deadline, users could face pages asking them to activate much of the content, plus ads."

So if you don't start tweaking your site, in 60 days it isn't going to work right for people who update Internet Explorer?
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

In the end they'll sell some gay "Fix" or package it inside a product they'll end up selling , and they'll just end up driving everyone to use FireFox.

I personally cant believe they are expecting the vast WWW population to adhere to THEIR fuck up...

Bill Gates is the anti christ
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I use IE7 and it's great. Microsoft is on the way out though. They are too big and bulky to adapt to the swiftly changing times we live in anymore.

Go Google!
      Chuck

Comment

IPods aren't that great. They are UBER expensive, and Creative's line of mp3 players are much better (and alot cheaper). I myself have a 5GB Creative Zen Micro, and it works great, has FM Radio, a microphone (fun to eavesdrop) , an equalizer, and some other sweet DJ features.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
          IPods aren't that great. They are UBER expensive
          Agreed. But I won't buy any media player that only plays Microsoft's DRMed WMA stuff. If it plays MP3s, sure. I don't own an iPod or any recent MP3/music player, just for clarification so I don't own and iPod either.

At least with iTunes, if you buy something you can burn a CD and rip it and therefore have some sense of ownership (although that deteriorates the quality a little, I've heard).
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Two of my friends own the Zen

They have ridiculously awesome battery life. "Oops left it on playing my whole playlist over night, well its still got juice in it!"

I can state from personal experience that a Creative Zen with only one sliver of bar will play just fine for 5 hours straight, with you actively navigating the menu which involves lighting up the hud.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

for some stoopid reason, my zen micro's battery life sucks. I charge it via USB, that may be why. Its full charged, but the battery only lasts 3 days or so. Mine didn't come with the adapter you plug in the wall, and it costs $30 online. Mayeb thats why my battery life sucks. I'm charging mine as I speak, lol.

Comment

Working...
              X