The Mind of Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mind of Man

How much does it take before you start to accept a subject previously met with skepticism and mockery?

When do you actually listen to others and think, "Well, maybe there is something to this after all..." and approach the subject on the discovery level?

That is to say, there's something weird about the world we live in that's simpler to ignore than to accept, but once you start to accept it you need to actually confirm that the strange thing really exists by seeking it out.

Because there seems to be something weird in our world right now and no one wants to talk about it seriously.
    "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern."
    uakene.com

Comment

Cyborgs and mutants living together!

What are you talking about pls?

Man I hope this isn't a setup for a conversion attempt.

Comment

Yeah, the USA goverment won't talk about the UFOs they have at Area 51!!!

Comment

I approached the subject because I knew it would do nothing but trigger a reaction of jokes, fake/funny picture postings, and not be taken seriously.

I'm being general, but actually referring to unidentified flying objects. Over the years there's always been talk about a particular triangular shaped one. It's been described the same way over and over again.

Don't you think when you start getting such patterns in the descriptions from a wide variety of people that something needs to be taken a bit more seriously? But, I mean it could be anything still, anything from a strange new kind of mirage we don't know about to the government testing some kind of new tech that makes people think there's a giant ship in the sky in order to distract enemies to even some kind of alien visitor.

I never thought about it too much until one night when something really strange flew over my parent's house and I got to see it going over then flying off looking like a giant flying city in the sky. [Insert your "drunk"/"on drugs"/"crazy"/"mentally unstable"/"burn him in the fire"/"hang him" comments here.]

What I saw was really there and it wasn't a classic UFO in description. Many of the people in the area heard it too, and my mom ran out just in time to see it slowly flying away. The best "logical" explanation anyone ever gave me was "a series of the world's strangest blimps covered in bunches of lights all traveling together in formation".

I would describe it as a giant cluster of about 50 strings of Christmas tree lights big enough to fill the entire sky above our house that made a deafening "WOOOOOOOOOOOWWW" noise over and over as it slowly flew overhead. All the lights moved as if fixed together.

I'm still looking for good explanations for it.

Comment

The human race is essentially asleep and around 2008 to 2012 we're going to go through a conscious awakening which will force people to deal with the seemingly daunting task of actually taking care of ourselfs, the Earth and learning to accept & love each other.

If you look around we don't only have wars going on between countries but wars going on between neighbors and even within families over religion, money, drugs, you name it.

Everything the human race has built has had its own device of destruction built right in it, which means its not if, but when the shrouded lies fall and the truth comes out.

I could take a lot about this kind of stuff
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Could have been an awesome prank, IEEE. Dunno, and since I didn't see it, can't say I care much.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                The human race is essentially asleep and around 2008 to 2012 we're going to go through a conscious awakening which will force people to deal with the seemingly daunting task of actually taking care of ourselfs, the Earth and learning to accept & love each other.
                So your theory is it's a conspiracy of people's unknown who are trying to "wake up" people to love and acceptance. I'll dub this the UFO Hippie theory.

Comment

I said it right... I knew it were about UFOs. I've saw one those days. It looked like a black airplane with only one wing, going down, down, down... and sudenly it came up again and flew away... I had a camera in the moment, but it wouldn't turn on!

Comment

Originally posted by joao93 View Post
                    I said it right... I knew it were about UFOs. I've saw one those days. It looked like a black airplane with only one wing, going down, down, down... and sudenly it came up again and flew away... I had a camera in the moment, but it wouldn't turn on!
                    I thought about running in and getting a camera, but it was so big I felt like a deer caught in the headlights or an ant about to be stepped on. All I could do was walk with it as it moved overhead until I found myself in my neighbors yard watching it fly away.

Maybe if we could get more proof people like gulliver-trans would care more.

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11 View Post
                      So your theory is it's a conspiracy of people's unknown who are trying to "wake up" people to love and acceptance. I'll dub this the UFO Hippie theory.
                      Basicly Its learning that everyone on this earth isnt as different as we like to think, that we're all in this ride together.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

We all used to live in Africa apparently. We're all one big happy family. OK maybe not happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyOS05GUze0
                        Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 01-19-2008, 12:06 PM.

Comment

First you need a date. Then you google that date plus "UFO" plus your general location -- and see what comes up.

Of course it was really just government drones doing some recon on the citizenry

Also Joao wins.

And Sniper, "this video is no longer available".

Comment

Ya I made the edit when I saw that. National Geographic doesn't like embedded

Comment

Originally posted by IEEE 802.11 View Post
                              I thought about running in and getting a camera, but it was so big I felt like a deer caught in the headlights or an ant about to be stepped on. All I could do was walk with it as it moved overhead until I found myself in my neighbors yard watching it fly away.

Maybe if we could get more proof people like gulliver-trans would care more.
                              Discovery channel has some nice stuff about UFOs. I always watch it. Those days they were talking about UFOs underwater... really nice!

I also have a theory: We are people from another world, sent by a race that is constantly watching us trough what we call UFOs.

Comment

Working...
                              X