The "What Ever Happened To....?" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "What Ever Happened To....?" Thread

Just something I wanted to do. Basically you can ask a "What ever happened to (insert subject here)?" question and see if anyone knows.

If you're gonna respond to a question, make sure to quote it, for example:

Originally posted by QuadRaptor
    Whatever happened to SOVS, the leader of eSx?
    He plays Starsiege: Tribes now.
    eSx is also still around, they just don't play Quake anymore.
    Anyway, I'll start off:

Whatever happened to that guy Jack Chick, the dude that wrote those little christian comic books that people would leave in public bathrooms, ect.?

Here's a site that has all of them available to be read:

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractli...list.asp&wpp=a

Although this is a very serious matter and all, a few of them were pretty funny. My personal favorite was the "Happy Halloween" one, where some kids go into a person's house and fall into a trap door and see Satan, and then a kid gets hit by a car and is going to go to hell for celebrating Halloween.

Anyway, whatever happened to that guy?

Ha! That is good, I never celebrated Halloween, I just ate the candy, but then again, I do that regardless of the occasion.

What happened to Jenny? I bet you all want her number.

Comment

What ever happened to GameFreak? What ever happened between GameFreak and Bron? Was spooker ever jealous of gf's gf stealing gf away from him? I recall him making a quick message on the tu forums saying he's leaving quake but then he changed his quake alias like it was all for drama. :/ tu can fill us in on that one

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
        What ever happened to GameFreak? What ever happened between GameFreak and Bron? Was spooker ever jealous of gf's gf stealing gf away from him? I recall him making a quick message on the tu forums saying he's leaving quake but then he changed his quake alias like it was all for drama. :/ tu can fill us in on that one
        Someone else might, I'm not sure myself.

We actually lost contact with him. He showed up on Quake I want to say a few months ago but as far as our forums go the last post he made was on July 1st, 2007.

My assumption is that he's moved on. That's all I can really contribute.

Comment

Whatever happened to Robot Jones?
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

What ever happened to Death Knight?

Comment

What should happen is you get your butt back into games and play with us more.

Comment

guess what kids?

new computer = complete

and its nice

now i just gotta install all my games

Comment

Yay!! :party: Woot!! Woot!! lol!
                  Last edited by Paradi$e; 01-20-2008, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                    i think I was gf's closest friend on quake, so i'll share what i know, but i'm still mystified what happened. he kinda grew up and out. i knew him for years and he was always the same--sweet, adorable, nice, then over a period of about a year, i noticed big changes in him (around age 14 i think?). he stopped coming on the servers, and when he did he would not even talk to me, even though i hadn't seen him for months

as i think about it now, i can kinda boil it down to two concurrent things:
                    1. his personality changed a lot, so that severed his social connections with the quake community
                    2. he slowly backed himself into a corner in terms of quake skill. he started camping more and more, and started to really hate losing, which led him to only play on coop servers. once he got to this point, he would absolutely hate straying onto non-coop mods. as we all know, coop is nice once in a while but it's not very dynamic (except when new maps are added, or new features, which is not often), so he slowly drifted off

Comment

Whatever happened to RocketGuy? I miss that dude...

Comment

he built a rocket and went to the moon
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X