IE8 Beta Released for download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE8 Beta Released for download

This is exciting for web developers... IE8 is supposed to be standards compliant.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...ss/Install.htm

I just downloaded it and its still not ready... lots of pages render imporperly. QuakeOne looks different (text is centered in random places where it shouldn't be). It also seems to completely lag my system when using the text editor on the forums here

I just uninstalled :-/

Comment

I downloaded the IE8 beta as well. And yes, it is slow even when doing simple things like typing text, highlighting links and scrolling pages.

Although I'm not uninstalling it, I'm simply using the "emulate IE7" button in the toolbar which basically reverts it back to IE7 and vice versa. So theres no need to uninstall, really. I don't even know how to...

Comment

Control Panel > Add / Remove Programs > Check "Windows Internet Explorer 8 Beta"

I know the IE7 reverting thing was there but I just didn't like the feel of it compared to 7. I'll wait for a few more updates and then I'll install again.

Comment

IE Sucks Dick, i only use it for windows updates.

get firefox, its betR
          http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I use Ubutnu 11.04 and Windows 7 on my Computer.

Comment

Originally posted by meatwad View Post

get firefox, its betR
            IE is nice for us web developers who want to see how a website looks and functions in IE and Firefox. Believe me there's usually a difference.

Comment

all microsoft software after 2003 (except halo, which it probably didnt even develop on its own) is absolute crap. the company now functions purely through coercion and market domination. it deserves all those antitrust fines, and more

Comment

Originally posted by meatwad View Post

get firefox, its betR
                hey same here, except IEPro7 isn't bad =]

its a nice add-on

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

Originally posted by spooker View Post
                  all microsoft software after 2003 (except halo, which it probably didnt even develop on its own) is absolute crap. the company now functions purely through coercion and market domination. it deserves all those antitrust fines, and more
                  I never understood this whole "hating Microsoft" trend. Really, it just seems childish. Sure, maybe Microsoft has made some bad moves, but what company hasn't?

Comment

Really, I have to say IE7+ isn't all that bad. It's not too much different than FireFox.

I don't use it in general, but to watch movies instantly on Netflix I have to use IE and if I had to use it, I wouldn't really mind that much.

Originally posted by ORL View Post
                    I never understood this whole "hating Microsoft" trend. Really, it just seems childish. Sure, maybe Microsoft has made some bad moves, but what company hasn't?
                    That's a statement of innocence. :d
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

A browser is a browser, you use it for its intended purpose and to surf the web with it. Newer does not spell necessarily best - it is full of bugs.

I am using IE6 and it works extremely excellent for all my Internet browsing needs. Stability, optimization and speed are the most important in all software acquired and to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by ORL View Post
                        I agree. I personally use IE as my normal web browser. I like the feel of it better.

I think the hate for Microsoft thing is just the "cool groupie thing to do." I almost equate it to hating George Bush (not turing this into a political thing so please don't go there). People blindly say they hate George Bush without even having personal knowledge of why they should be hating him, just because they hear other people saying they hate Bush.

And while Open Office is nice, nothing beats Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook (IMO).

Comment

I agree.

Comment

I hate Netscrape, and AOL sucks too, whoohoo I'm a groupie!
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                              I almost equate it to hating George Bush (not turing this into a political thing so please don't go there). People blindly say they hate George Bush without even having personal knowledge of why they should be hating him, just because they hear other people saying they hate Bush.
                              Fahrenheit 9/11
                              Now go out and hate Bush jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X