Global warming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming?

Here in Columbus, Ohio we got 2 foot of snow. Nooooooooo!

This sucks! It's not like this is Buffalo, New York or something.

We've had more snow here this winter than maybe anytime in the last 5-6 years at a minimum.

By the way, I read in the news that 2007 saw the largest temperature drop in recorded history. (I've also read that maybe the following isn't 100% reliable or that maybe it only shows the month of January for each year or something.)

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/2071
    http://www.dailytech.com/Temperature...ticle10866.htm

I think my biggest problem with global warming is that it just isn't reliable enough! Usually it only snows here in January and February and maybe a little in December sometimes.

I'm pretty sure that the main problem is that they need to make global warming more dependable. :d :d
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

the effects of global warming will not be felt on the microscale. A 1 degree drop in temperature cannot be discerned by one person; the effects will be felt in massive, unpredictable disruptions of well established weather patterns on a global scale. more katrinas, anybody?
    realize that your perspective is that of one creature on a planet containing trillions of living entities. look at the worldwide data

Comment

The house me and my family moved into survived katrina with a tree or two that fell on the roof,no real damage.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I hope you're not actually trying to refute global warming. Save that for the people that want to bomb the "A-Rabs" and think the patriot act should be expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by omix2 View Post
          I hope you're not actually trying to refute global warming. Save that for the people that want to bomb the "A-Rabs" and think the patriot act should be expanded.
          I leave that to scientists to decide.

As far as I can tell, global warming is real. And even if it isn't, I like how the ideas of global warming are making people think about nuclear power again and anything that draws attention to the issue of pollution is a good thing.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

i think

hey i m not from America but from Latvia.i think this portal is great.i doesnt like forums but somnthing i look. excuse me i dont perfect speak english language.

Comment

Thanks for your comments

Comment

you may leave it to scientists to decide about global warming. i leave it to george bush; he knows best

Comment

Global warming is another theory created by the government to control the people. Think about it, history repeats itself. In its past, did the earth not go through giant cycles in weather and temperatures (IE the ice-age)?

Comment

Pollution does not cause global warming. Global warming causes cancer, acid rain, rivers suddenly bursting into flames (this did really happen), and in genereal shitty environments.

FIRST the temperature rises, THEN CO2 levels rise. The world would be a much better place without pollution, though
                    e|------------------------0---------------
                    B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                    G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                    D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                    A|---------------0------------------------
                    E|----------------------------------------

Comment

The increased levels of CO2 only excites the changes in temperatures and climates, however; it is inevitable that the earth's climate evolves over time.

Comment

Working...
                      X