This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quake Someone Foundation

Now accepting paypal donations. We will lobby congress for paradise's internet rights to be taken away.

Signed!
    "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
    Author of The Ascension of Vigil

Comment

Damn, Omicron finally did something cool!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Retards don't belong on the internet. Therefor, I will sign

Comment

yea, signed btw. Can I sign for relatives?
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Comment

Yes, and unborn future children, and also the masses who have not been exposed to the stupidity that is Paradise. Oh wait I forgot the dollar sign, paradi$e. Did I mention she's Ultra? LAWL

Comment

She got the name while washing her pimp's socks

QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Comment

Phen, enough with this black on black crime.

I'll only sign if she has another random 10 page outburst.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                  Phen, enough with this black on black crime.

I'll only sign if she has another random 10 page outburst.
                  Check out the media section, complete derails and trolling on her part.
                  "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."

Comment

Nothing wrong with trolling from time to time, it's fun to flame someone's post when it's idiotic.

Comment

Nothing wrong with trolling from time to time, it's fun to flame someone's post when it's idiotic.
                      Right but within reason, but when it goes into other regular threads causing massive derailing/shitting it up due to a petty slap fight (usually by someone with a blimp sized ego) then it gets out of hand which is unfortunately happening. This drives away potential new comers and cause other members to become disgusted and leave, which has happened numerous times now.
                      Last edited by RenegadeC; 03-11-2008, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking.

Regardless of what you may say, newcomers are few and rare. The ones who do download the game and COME BACK to play are in awe of the CA players skill level discrepency, and thus they run off to runequake where they feel welcomed amongst other fellow players.

The game simply isn't developing the way it should, because communities have been created within each mod and once you pass your boundaries, you're not welcomed.

Comment

Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking.

Regardless of what you may say, newcomers are few and rare. The ones who do download the game and COME BACK to play are in awe of the CA players skill level discrepency, and thus they run off to runequake where they feel welcomed amongst other fellow players.

The game simply isn't developing the way it should, because communities have been created within each mod and once you pass your boundaries, you're not welcomed.
                          That's not true, there are other various Quake communities around with a great deal of respect for each other that have been playing together since '96 as well as modders, mappers and so on.

As for the how the game has developed I can agree with that and it's a damn shame people aren't welcomed when crossing over into new mod territory (you'd think new competition would be a good thing?) however, it's still no excuse to turn the forums here into a trolls den which is the main issue with this place. QuakeOne is not the entire Quake community believe it or not, it's as though some people here think they're on an island and don't recognize travellers.

Comment

Originally posted by RenegadeC View Post
                            That's not true, there are other various Quake communities around with a great deal of respect for each other that have been playing together since '96 as well as modders, mappers and so on.

As for the how the game has developed I can agree with that and it's a damn shame people aren't welcomed when crossing over into new mod territory (you'd think new competition would be a good thing?) however, it's still no excuse to turn the forums here into a trolls den which is the main issue with this place. QuakeOne is not the entire Quake community believe it or not, it's as though some people here think they're on an island and don't recognize travellers.
                            That's not true based on what? the premise you provided?
                            That's insufficient..

Simply Click "All server list" at the top right, as we speak, how many people do you see playing? do this once a night for a few nights and take a look where the population of quake resides, CA (speaknow), shmack (runequake), and from time to time the CA players split themselves amongst DM and CA.

modders, mappers, playing together since 96?

The ones mapping aren't playing, the ones modding aren't playing, and the ones playing together since 96, are not playing AT all.

Great deal of respect? stop wearing rainbow-colored glasses.. people come into mods and spam servers for other mods, they wear names such as "CA SUCKS COME DM" and have to resort to stealing players from mods in order to actually get a game going. This is the reality that is Quake. Just a few dinosaurs looking for food.

Comment

That's not true based on what? the premise you provided?
                              That's insufficient..

Simply Click "All server list" at the top right, as we speak, how many people do you see playing? do this once a night for a few nights and take a look where the population of quake resides, CA (speaknow), shmack (runequake), and from time to time the CA players split themselves amongst DM and CA.

modders, mappers, playing together since 96?

The ones mapping aren't playing, the ones modding aren't playing, and the ones playing together since 96, are not playing AT all.

Great deal of respect? stop wearing rainbow-colored glasses.. people come into mods and spam servers for other mods, they wear names such as "CA SUCKS COME DM" and have to resort to stealing players from mods in order to actually get a game going. This is the reality that is Quake. Just a few dinosaurs looking for food.
                              Yes a great deal of respect, if there's arguments it's not taken personally nor do people keep carrying it on.

Ever loaded up a QuakeWorld complete server list? There are more people playing than the list you see to the right on the front page and aren't involved at all in this community. Mappers are indeed still playing, as I'm talking to them as of now as well as modders (I should know, I am one).

Sorry if you haven't moved past QuakeOne.com. Once again, island theory comes into play; 'nobody else but this place.'

Comment

Working...
                              X