This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenegadeC View Post
    Yes a great deal of respect, if there's arguments it's not taken personally nor do people keep carrying it on.

Ever loaded up a QuakeWorld complete server list? There are more people playing than the list you see to the right on the list for the front page and aren't involved at all in this community.
    Mappers are indeed still playing, and mapping as I'm talking to them as of now. Modders are indeed still plaiyng, and modding same reason above.

Sorry if you haven't moved past QuakeOne.com. Once again, island theory comes into play.
    Sorry that you formulated an extremely weak argument. This is an NQ related website. How many Quakeworld related things do you see here? from the file downloads, to the server list, to the threads.

It's like arguing about the NBA, but you just told me to check out the euro-league, but it's still basketball right?
    Next time, try to stay relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
      Sorry that you formulated an extremely weak argument. This is an NQ related website. How many Quakeworld related things do you see here? from the file downloads, to the server list, to the threads.

It's like arguing about the NBA, but you just told me to check out the euro-league.
      Next time, try to stay relevant.
      QW and NQ as well as Darkplaces are still 'Quake'.
      "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
      Author of The Ascension of Vigil

Comment

Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking.

Regardless of what you may say, newcomers are few and rare. The ones who do download the game and COME BACK to play are in awe of the CA players skill level discrepency, and thus they run off to runequake where they feel welcomed amongst other fellow players.

The game simply isn't developing the way it should, because communities have been created within each mod and once you pass your boundaries, you're not welcomed.
        When you rebutted this post, you brought up a different game. Quakeworld runs off a completely different engine. NQ and QW merely carry the same title, and weapons.

I spoke of SPECIFIC mods within NQ, why would I talk about quakeworld here? NQ as we know it is dead.

It doesn't matter what OTHER communities are doing.

Comment

When you rebutted this post, you brought up a different game. Quakeworld runs off a completely different engine. NQ and QW merely carry the same title, and weapons.

I spoke of SPECIFIC mods within NQ, why would I talk about quakeworld here? NQ as we know it is dead.

It doesn't matter what OTHER communities are doing.
          Yet uses the same levels, weapons, atmosphere, textures, sounds, models, skins, as well as being considered to still be Quake inside the general Quake community. It's directly based on the Quake engine that was optimized for online play using client side prediction. I wouldn't call it a completely different game.

Do you only consider QuakeOne.com the only Quake community in existence? I don't get it, there's other places that play the same game and talk about it also.
          "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."

Comment

Yet uses the same levels, weapons, atmosphere, textures, sounds, models, skins, as well as being considered to still be Quake inside the general Quake community. It's directly based on the engine that was optimized for online play using client side prediction. I wouldn't call it a completely different game.

Do you only consider QuakeOne.com the only Quake community in existence? I don't get it, there's other places that play the same game and talk about it also.
            This is completely irrelevant, everything I've talked about up to this point has been relating to netquake yet you are persistent on arguing what other communities within Quake are doing. Almost everyone here plays one TYPE of quake and that is NETQUAKE. That is what my argument is based upon. NETQUAKE is dead, and i can care less what the fuck is happening in QW because I don't play it.

Your island theory is also weak because its based upon the notion that people are playing one type of engine, WHICH THEY ARE!

Once again, Why the hell would I care what Sarunas Jasikevicius is doing for Lithuania, when I can watch Kobe Bryant and Lebron james?

Comment

This is completely irrelevant, everything I've talked about up to this point has been relating to netquake yet you are persistent on arguing what other communities within Quake are doing. Almost everyone here plays one TYPE of quake and that is NETQUAKE. That is what my argument is based upon. NETQUAKE is dead, and i can care less what the fuck is happening in QW because I don't play it.

Your island theory is also weak because its based upon the notion that people are playing one type of engine, WHICH THEY ARE!
              So then QuakeOne.com is the only Quake community is what you're saying? and who cares about all the other places? "Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking.", indeed.

Comment

Modders still play quake. Just a few days ago I hosted Orion's mod to play some Quake. People some inside3d joined up to play netquake. That's all the proof I need to provide.

I made an edit :x
                Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 03-11-2008, 02:49 PM.

Comment

*Claps*

Comment

So then QuakeOne.com is the only Quake community is what you're saying? and who cares about all the other places? "Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking.", indeed.
                    On a netquake related website, moron.

QW may carry the same weapons, but they work differently. They are coded differently, the same goes for damage. Bunny hopping is different, its a lot closer to Q3 than NetQuake is. Don't form misleading arguments based on nothing. I posted several times this is a NetQuake related issue.

Comment

On a netquake related website, moron.

QW may carry the same weapons, but they work differently. They are coded differently, the same goes for damage. Bunny hopping is different, its a lot closer to Q3 than NetQuake is. Don't form misleading arguments based on nothing. I posted several times this is a NetQuake related issue.
                      This was never about it being 'netquake' only until you mysteriously shifted the conversation that way, I was always talking about the general Quake community and how you're saying: "we're the only ones quaking" which is completely untrue.

Comment

This was never about it being 'netquake' only until you mysteriously shifted the conversation that way, I was always talking about the general Quake community and how you're saying: "we're the only ones quaking" which is completely untrue.
                        Yes it was, go several posts up, my post mentioned "RuneQuake" which if im correct is not a QW related mod.

I have no reason to discuss QW here. Other communities of Quake, do not interest me. I specifically in that FIRST POST said "the communities WITHIN these mods".

Once again, don't base your argument around one sentence. You like to go in circles because you have no point.

Comment

Yes it was, go several posts up, my post mentioned "RuneQuake" which if im correct is not a QW related mod.

I have no reason to discuss QW here. Other communities of Quake, do not interest me. I specifically in that FIRST POST said "the communities WITHIN these mods".

Once again, don't base your argument around one sentence. You like to go in circles because you have no point.
                          "Unfortunately, we are the only ones left Quaking." is a general statement encapsulating NQ, QW, etc and what I based some of my argument off of.

You do realize of course that runes is also a QuakeWorld mod?

As for other communities not interesting you, that's great and all but it really doesn't help the discussion and point of the topic as to why other Quake communities get along and yet this one is having problems. That is what this was about. Of course you don't consider them part of Quake, yet I'm sure others here do.

Keep in mind you are not the only ones Quaking. QW, NQ, and even Darkplaces are Quake in which there are players and they in fact do come here, and yes do have a voice to speak also here.
                          Last edited by RenegadeC; 03-11-2008, 03:38 PM.

Comment

You're not correct. Look at the source code of runequake.

Comment

All who posted here are very low, except for Rampage, I have no issues with him.
                              Last edited by Paradi$e; 03-12-2008, 02:30 AM.

Comment

/Closing thread
                                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                                X