Taking my leave for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking my leave for a while

Not an April Fools prank. There's a lot going on in my life that I have to deal with so I think it's safe to say that I won't be around the Quake scene for a while. But who knows I may pop in once a week/month just to see what's going on.

I thought about this for a while. I'm prepared to pass on the smashquake mod to someone else if they want to continue working on it. Zop would be my first choice if he was interested. I know he's currently working on another mod so he may not have the time.

NewDM on the other hand is still my passion so if you still care about that mod you'll just have to wait a lot longer for another release. Sorry.

Excluding the scrapped whitehot mod, it seems that coming out with a beta mod and requesting feedback to better it was the best move I ever made as a quakec programmer. I would suggest that whomever takes care of the smashquake mod should follow the same practice.

I will come back eventually. I don't see how I can ever say good bye to Quake

oh ya, so much for making me a moderator eh guys?

Keep on Quaking. If Quake is dead by the time I come back I'll hunt down Baker. Why? Because it's fun blaming everything on him

edit:

ah yes. I'd like to thank everyone for the support they gave my mods for the past year. You guys rock

Zop is the new owner of smashquake and whitehot.quakeone.com. Thanks Zop

Guess I'm done here. Ciao.

Comment

be safe sniper
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Good luck, have a lot of fun
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

later dood. hit me up on IM some time.

Comment

I'll see ya on your IM

Later Canadian>>>OMFG LOOK THERES A STAR HERE *<<<Sniper
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Cya Snipes, Hope you can work things out and be back soon as we really do need people who actually contribute like yourself

Regards

Monty
              Last edited by Mr.Burns; 04-05-2008, 11:12 AM.
              Mr.Burns
              "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
              WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
              Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Ciao C*S
                You'll be missed

Comment

You can't leave dude!

Oh well, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X