Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like HEAVY METAL! \m/

Comment

HEAVY METAL??! RED NECK STUFF?!??! It isnt pure shit, it takes a lot of skill to do that stuff. Except for maybe the vocals, they suck.

Comment

For the record Hockey is about the only mainstream sport I like, oh and MONSTER, I met the singer and rythym guitairist for the Black Dahlia Murder. They were cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
          HEAVY METAL??! RED NECK STUFF?!??! It isnt pure shit, it takes a lot of skill to do that stuff. Except for maybe the vocals, they suck.
          I could play all the metallica songs after 3 months of playing... Doesn't take a lot of skill to play the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
            I could play all the metallica songs after 3 months of playing... Doesn't take a lot of skill to play the guitar.
            Depends on what you're playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
              Depends on what you're playing...
              Though I havn't played much this year, last year I gave up on playing other people's music. I came up with my own stuff.

Sole, you are indeed correct that it depends on the difficulty of the song. I was just referring to Metallica

Comment

Try playing Necrophobic by SLAYER as fast as they play it, or anything by slayer. They are unbelievably fast.

Comment

Why would I want to play something that I don't want to play? I just said that I don't play other people's music anymore

Comment

SLAYER?!?!? Um, ok..... You want to hear FAST metal?
                    Here's a couple bands:
                    Dimmu Borgir (Nicholas Barker as drummer not the other guy)
                    The Black Dahlia Murder
                    Nile
                    Macabre (sinister slaughter/behind the walls of sleep NOT the new cd "murder metal")
                    Bleeding Through
                    Testament
                    Deicide
                    Lamb of God

Just off the top of my head

That's some pretty fast stuff, especially Macabre [rippingly fast guitar]

That's my 2 cents and I'm no Redneck [grew up in LA]

Comment

Dude SLAYER are the gods of thrash. They're guitars are hell faster than NILE even. They go like 230 BPM on NECROPHOBIC. Nile's drummer is like a damn beast, but the guitar isn't as speedy as Slayer. Dave Lombardo (the slayer drummer) has more technique, not all about speed and wild blastbeats. Yes I have heard of all those bands and listened to most of them. Testament. LOL slayer can beast through them. WIthout slayer, most death metal wouldn't be here today.

Comment

Joe Satriani, Yngeui, Steve Vai are all really fast guitar shredders that can actually make it sound like music. I really don't about how fast someone can play, it's what you come up with that counts.

Comment

Canucks 3-2 OT against Calgary!!! We still have the chance to be in the playoffs!!!!

What a game!

Comment

Yes, twas dang awesome.

BTW, try Dream Theater, John Petrucci beats all those crappy metal bands. Although Satch, Yngwie and Vai are probably >= him.

BTW, shredding really sucks, as speed increases melody decreases. I'll take a good Jeff Beck thing anyday.
                            Last edited by Sajt; 04-09-2006, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
                              as speed increases melody decreases.
                              Listen to some Joe Satriani

Comment

I have, let me rephrase that. As speed increases, nice songness decreases. Heartrate increases. Maybe some people like a nice song, not an epileptic song.

Comment

Working...
                                X