ATI All In Wonder 9600XT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATI All In Wonder 9600XT

I just installed an ATI Radeon 9600XT on my system. It seems like a great card and does video and textures far better than the geforce 5200 I had installed.

However there are some small quirks I'm trying to work out.

When running the TV initialization Wizard its scan states no channels were found. I can see the reception, not very well though when I bypass it. Could this problem be from the signals being too weak to register? I've tried standard bunny ears in the antenna port as well. Same diff, same result, same reception. I've included screenshots of it scanning channels and the visual result(somewhat able to see a channel) and the computers denial of any active channels found.

Also the video capture drivers aren't installing and I downloaded the latest WDM stuff from ATI's website. Although they aren't necesssary from my understanding unless you intend to capture video which I may do at some point.

Does anyone have any experience with this card?
    'My teammates are no good to me alive.' -Bank on CA.

'I'll cry when I'm done killin!' -A REAL Patriot

Clan TU

Your own... personal... Shambler
    someone to hear your prayers
    someone who cares
    your own... personal... Shambie
    someone whos there

I had/have an earlier ATI card whose software looks almost identical. Initially one terrestrial based channel wasn't being detected in the scan, so I entered in the channel details manually, The reception wasn't great but it did ge something. Eventually I bought a signal booster and that solved it. I don't know if your problem is the same but it might be worth seeing if you can boost the signal. Have you tried feeding the signal from a VCR and seeing if you can get a picture?
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
      I had/have an earlier ATI card whose software looks almost identical. Initially one terrestrial based channel wasn't being detected in the scan, so I entered in the channel details manually, The reception wasn't great but it did ge something. Eventually I bought a signal booster and that solved it. I don't know if your problem is the same but it might be worth seeing if you can boost the signal. Have you tried feeding the signal from a VCR and seeing if you can get a picture?
      No not yet. Just started with the tinkering around with it.

On a tech forum they just told me that yes, the ATI cards should have a signal booster otherwise they pretty much dont detect anything during the scans. I can see the pic too, its just not very good. I thought I captured it but I guess it didnt translate to the clipboard.

Clan TU

someone who cares
      someone whos there

Comment

Here I'll share the link I was given to a good source of info on how to use the ATI AIW cards and their advanced features.

http://www.digitalfaq.com/index.htm

Clan TU

someone who cares
        someone whos there

Comment

Working...
        X