why the xbox 360 sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
    I personally like Sony stuff as well. I've bought products from other manufacturers and they just don't last as long or seem like they have less quality to them.

I got a PS3 and love it. I'm not a big console player... every once in awhile I'll play an RPG or a sports game (just this morning I played Oblivion for a couple hours). Aside from the games though, the BlueRay player is great. Plus Sony announced when they make updates for the BlueRay, the PS3 will be able to be updated but the first gen standalone players will not be.

I'm quite happy with my PS3.
    I'll be happy with the PS3 when it gets exclusives that are worth playing. For me having a blue-ray drive doesn't interest me much until it is being used to its full capacity, which nothing is doing right now.

I'll buy a PS3 (again)probably near the end of 2008 to the beginning of 2009, since this is when all the titles I am waiting for are dated for release. Hopefully by then they have decided how they are going to use blue-ray to monopolize the gaming console market again.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Awesome pic
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post
          The article is missing information.

Did the owner fall asleep with the console on? Was he playing it? Was it extremely hot into the house? Did it short circuit?

How did the fire happen? They say it came from the power supply, yet the circumstances are not revealed.

I have a 360 for 2 years now and it works fine when I seldomly use it.

If it breaks, I am not buying another one. I want a Blu-Ray player and I will buy a PS3 instead. HD-DVD will soon be dead.

At the time when I bought it, it was the PS3 craze with it being extremely scarce, expensive and problematic - I do not buy 1st generation consoles - I wait until they smooth all the issues out and the price goes down.
          they said that about VHS and Cassette tapes several years ago,yet I can still go into the store and buy them.... there will always be a market for these things until the generations that coveted them die..for example,my father-in-law actively refused to use a PC, he was content using an old-ass WebTV , and when we bought a DVDR for the TV (so he could record everything to DVD) he went nuts on us,unplugged the DVDR and "put it away" based on the prinicpals : I can press two buttons on my WebTV keyboard , and it will record whatever I want whenever I want,and stop recording when I want.....

When I tried explaining that he could do the exact same thing with the DVDR,except using the DVDR remote control,it just got worse lol

and DVD & HDDVD wont die easily, they have already proved themselves and couldnt completely kill off VHS,just like the Compact Disc didnt kill off Cassette tapes
          Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-21-2008, 06:32 AM.
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Microsoft makes up for the problems with the 360 with some badass customer service.

And yeah, I own a 360, so bite me.

Comment

Yeah I agree with QUAD, I remember back b4 they said repairs were free, you had to pay 50 bucks for 2 yrs of repair service....Well anyway I got my money back when the repairs started becoming free.
              This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
              Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

Quad, watch out!! IT WILL KILL YOU IN YOUR SLEEP!!

And now for two totally unrelated pictures:

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                  they said that about VHS and Cassette tapes several years ago,yet I can still go into the store and buy them.... there will always be a market for these things until the generations that coveted them die..for example,my father-in-law actively refused to use a PC, he was content using an old-ass WebTV , and when we bought a DVDR for the TV (so he could record everything to DVD) he went nuts on us,unplugged the DVDR and "put it away" based on the prinicpals : I can press two buttons on my WebTV keyboard , and it will record whatever I want whenever I want,and stop recording when I want.....

When I tried explaining that he could do the exact same thing with the DVDR,except using the DVDR remote control,it just got worse lol

and DVD & HDDVD wont die easily, they have already proved themselves and couldnt completely kill off VHS,just like the Compact Disc didnt kill off Cassette tapes
                  Not that I want to contradict you. I read a little while ago an article stating that major motion picture studios will not ship their media onto HD-DVD disks anymore. They will be switching to Blu-Ray format.

What this constitutes remains to be seen. Actually, what I make of it is that no new media and movies of new stuff will come out onto HD-DVD anymore, it will be on Blu-Ray from then on.

All the HD-DVD existing stuff will stay of course, the new stuff will come onto Blu-Ray format.

Thankfully, by the time it becomes standard the price will be affordable to all. Right now it is its infancy stage.

It is also funny to mention that I heard some actors were complaining that the Blu-Ray is THAT clear that it shows blemishes and imperfections of their faces and they are uncomfortable with close-ups.

Some had said that some stars look undeniably uglier onto Blu-Ray as they do compared with HD-DVD.

That is to leave you with something funny to think about.

Great picture by the way, Foq.
                  Last edited by Paradise; 04-22-2008, 11:41 AM.

Comment

a finger hut catalouge came in a few days ago,and they are selling the 360xbox in a bundle that includes a backmounting cooling fan or fan(s), I'm not much of a console gamer anymore so I didnt read into it much,just thought it was relating and interesting it seems they are combating the overheating ;D

editing : I typed XP instead of 360xbox, that is a shame,but its all Microsoft so whatever
                    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 04-23-2008, 02:14 PM.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I've never heard anyone refer to it as a 360xbox before. =\

Comment

huh

xbox not suck.

Comment

I've owned my Xbox360 for about 6 months now, its so far been well worth its money! Even without Bluray its an awesome entertainment system.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Is Blu-Ray even that good? I heard it was supposed to be, but I'm not convinced.

Comment

One Blue-Ray disk can hold 50GB. Therefore, a lot of data can be put into it. Movies are sharper and games have more content.

Writeable drives are starting to come down into price, they are still expensive as of now. When they do, they will make a great backup solution as you can virtually fit into those disks your whole hard drive and all the large data you want without having to split it into disks.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post
                                Movies are sharper and games have more content.
                                The image is only sharper if your display is a high defninition display. Otherwise it looks around DVD quality.
                                QuakeOne.com
                                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                                Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                                X