The best Forums on the net we don't know about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best Forums on the net we don't know about

I know some of you have to be part of other communities around the WWW, if you have a decent place with a user community with above average intelligence wanna share it and link us? It doesn't necessarily have to pertain to a specific topic (I'd rather prefer it not ie general topics) but its okay if its about something that a lot of people can relate to like independent world news or general computer geekiry.

I'll plug one first.
    http://forums.starkingdoms.com/
    Under the general section there can be legitimate intriguing debates ranging from geopolitics to entertainment-pop culture to sports. The community has been built around a text based strategic war turn game and its been around for 10-15 years so its pretty established. That being said, new topics are hit and miss sometimes and theres still the low life's hanging around who relish in current internet anonymity.

Please share; six degrees baby.

I nominate http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/

It is a pay service, something like 15 dollars a year, but you would be surprised how that nominal fee keeps the riff-raff out. Like the forum listed above it has heated and interesting debates on a wide range of subjects. Most of the posters are professional people with degrees so the debates are generally thought-provoking and intelligent. I read there everyday.

Comment

That's very interesting. A non-free forum.

I guess a lot of forums have the downside of those that don't really care and just want to stir things up and I know it can sometimes be hard to find intelligent conversation on the internet as a result.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

4chan.org

e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Well, there is a free 30 day guest membership so that you can get a feel of the place and decide if it is worth your money. There have been recent rumors of the board going free-to-post sometime in June/July but nothing has been confirmed. Personally I hope that isn't the case because a lot of the riff-raff will come back. I think the place is definetly worth the 15 bucks a year, just based on the high caliber quality of posters that the board attracts.
          Last edited by Cherrie; 06-05-2008, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
            4chan.org

Hahahahahaha.

/sarcasm

Comment

Working...
            X