Best ANIMATED Movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best ANIMATED Movie?

This was just another idea to go alongside Baker's movie list.

Anyway, anything that is cartoonic or animated goes in this catagory.

I have two selections, and can't decide between them because one I really liked when I was a kid, but the other one was just damn good.

My oldschool favorite. I loved the story for this one, as well as the music to it as well. I always seemed to relate to Quasi, not that I'm a hunchback or anything but I do have my fair share of deformities (hearing loss, poor eyesight, ect.) And then watching it again nowadays, I begin to think...."Djali is the coolest animated goat I have ever seen!"

My newer favorite. I watched this recently, not thinking there was going to be much to it, but I fell in love with the movie right at the beginning. The music is so awesome to it that I have the soundtrack in my car and listen to it frequently. It was funny and serious at the same time, and I was glad that Spirit only narrated the story - he never actually "spoke" within the story, so it made it almost feel like it really happened. I'm glad I gave this movie a chance - it is much better than it looks.

Futurama. Iron Giant.
    "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Cowboy Bebop, Heavy Metal, Watership Down (the bloody, original version)
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
        Futurama ...
        If you want to expand it to tv series, that changes things QUITE a bit ...
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
          If you want to expand it to tv series, that changes things QUITE a bit ...
          There've been multiple futurama movies released on DVD that show on our latenight cartoon show Adult Swim around here.
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
            There've been multiple futurama movies released on DVD that show on our latenight cartoon show Adult Swim around here.
            I watch that from time to time only for 30 minutes to watch Ghost In The Shell. The rest of Japanese anime -- usually, but not always -- is irritating.

But the thing is, everything made in the US is so politically correct that it sux. So it is all stuff for little kids (3-6) except like Futurama, South Park and Drawn Together. So only Japan makes anything anymore.

Comment

I have to go with Heavy Metal or even Akira

Comment

haha the hunchback

Comment

Ice Age! The squirrel rocks!

Comment

Iron Giant is damn good. Disney occasionally hits it well (Lion King, Emperor's New Groove) However, my vote is with Perfect Blue- a vaguely psychotic anime.

Comment

Which Adult Swim have you been watching lately?

Watch all your favorite shows for 5 bucks a month, as much as you like at www.ess.tv
                      Chuck

Comment

Yeah I forgot about Iron Giant. That was a great one as well.

And my family goes way back with the Lion King - I remember the first time we tried to see it, it sold out in the theatres.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord
                          Ice Age! The squirrel rocks!
                          I 2nd this motion!

It was so sad when he died in the new movie, but so funny when he... *SPOILER'D!*
                          "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Ninja Scroll, the 1st Vampire Hunter D [not bloodlust] and The Black Cauldron [I think I'm alone on this one]

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                              But the thing is, everything made in the US is so politically correct that it sux. So it is all stuff for little kids (3-6) except like Futurama, South Park and Drawn Together. So only Japan makes anything anymore.
                              Actually there's a cartoon on g4's barbed wire bisquit that's very gruesome ( *something* friends and friends )
                              Also Adult Swim....

Comment

Working...
                              X