Welp, I'vr officially gotten O_L_D_

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, I'vr officially gotten O_L_D_

This week i set my desktop font size to LARGE!!

omfg!?!?! I blame the beer, but at 1440x900 i cant dissect sh!t
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

CTRL+"+"/"-" or CTRL+MOUSEWHEEL to dynamically scale the font in IE/FF

its like a magnifying glass for O_L_D_ people

Comment

Peg's speaking from experience there.

Yes I'm affraid if you can remember a time when Micheal Jackson was a young black man instead of an old White woman then you're getting old.:d (jk)

Just out of interest how old are you R00k?
      Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-12-2008, 04:14 PM.
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

It's not uncommon to tweak settings for higher resolutions, like raising icon side, menu sizes, etc etc...
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Guys, shut up, he's old.
          uakene.com

Comment

If it's any consolation to you R00k I'm guessing I'm probably older than you and there is life after puberty
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Don't blame the beer! The beer is your friend!

Comment

Old is knowing what a "Fwaggle" is

and no, a Fwaggle is not a home-based breeding program.
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I'm glad I don't know what a fwaggle is *whew*
                  uakene.com

Comment

nO WASNT THAT fRAGGLE AS IN fRAGGLE rOCK?
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_Rock
                    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                      nO WASNT THAT fRAGGLE AS IN fRAGGLE rOCK?
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraggle_Rock
                      Bingo, but the giants who have the garden the Fraggles keep stealing from especially the boy giant named Junior calls them "Fwaggles"

"look mah, I caught me a fwaggle!"

Gorgs

Outside another exit from Fraggle Rock live a small family of Gorgs, giant furry humanoids standing 22 feet tall. The husband and wife of the family consider themselves the King and Queen of the Universe, with their son Junior as its prince and heir, but to all appearances they are really simple farmers with a rustic house and garden patch. The second episode of the first season reveals that the Gorgs have never actually met anyone besides themselves ("I've never met a subject before!"), suggesting that King and Queen of the Universe are self-imposed titles. Fraggles are considered pests by the Gorgs, as they steal radishes. In one episode it is revealed that the Gorgs use radishes to make "anti-vanishing cream" that prevents them from becoming invisible. Thus, the three main races of the Fraggle Rock universe — Fraggles, Doozers and Gorgs — are all dependent on the radishes for their own particular reason. While the King and Queen consider the Fraggles disgusting vermin, Junior enjoys chasing, catching and imprisoning them, much like a boy would lizards and bugs ("Look, Maw! I caught a Fwaggle!").

Down in Fraggle Rock.
                      Last edited by Phenom; 07-14-2008, 09:35 PM.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Oh. Freakin. LORD!!

I watched Fraggle Rock as a kid (although I didn't know what the HELL was going on in it!!)

Comment

I thought Fraggles was the coolest kids TV series. As cool as Muppet Show, and 1000 times cooler than Sesame Street.

Remember when the camera went to third person view behind them and you would see their heads bobbing up and down when they walked? It was sooo great. One of them had this funny cap and long hair, and his head would bob in all directions when he zoomed down the corridors. It was crazy.

Wasn't there an exit in the house where this old fellow lived, and his dog would get all mad when the fraggles appeared? Oh no!!! As a kid I found this too funny.

I hope you can get this on DVD, I've long wanted to.

It's definitely as good as Quake.

How many of us enjoyed Fraggles? Maybe it spread the FPS virus?!

It is a bit similar, with those tunnels and caves, and the third person view.

Someone should build a Fraggle Rock map, with Quakeguy as the Fraggle. All other Fraggles have gone, and he must venture to find them.
                          Last edited by golden_boy; 07-17-2008, 04:04 PM.
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

I knew I shouldn't have jumped in here.. Thanks alot guys! I'm going to go find my wrinkle cream.!!! And pray!
                            www.Net-Tyme.com
                            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Wrinkle cream? Why do you need cream to give you wrinkles? Just have kids who are teenagers. Or, grandkids who are teens. I have both right now. My teenager is learning to drive. So, I get winkles and grey hair.
                              The sun gives you wrinkles, too. Fraggers don't get out in the sun too often because they are at the keyboards hunting down the enemy.
                              I am older than R00k, and a year-and-a-half older than GameSlut. And have kids older than Baron. I haven't changed the text or icon size on my monitor, yet. (NO! I don't have a braille monitor.) I have better glasses now. My arms are just getting shorter.
                              Happy Birthday R00k! (If that is what really started this thread off.) Even though I am late with the wishes.
                              - Fiddler -
                              -fiddler-

Comment

Working...
                              X