For those with a scientific interest...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    Diet Mt. Dew! It's awesome. Also, Diet Sunkist and to a slightly lesser extent, Diet Dr. Pepper.

I could drink a 2-liter of Diet Dew on accident if I don't pay attention.
    I call Diet Mt.Dew "Georgia Mt.Dew"

Its kind of a long story but in a nutshell me and a buddy were on our lunchbreak from working at the MP office on base so we walked over to a internet cafe type building to get some soda and food real quick, i unknowingly grabbed a DIET Mt.Dew and exited the store, we were walking back just bullshitting and I popped open the diet mt.dew and took a huge drink expecting to taste mt.dew (I'm an avid mt.dew drinker)and I stopped dead in my tracks thinkin there was something wrong with my soda and immediately said "OMG Georgia mt.dew is some nasty shit!"

then after a few seconds of complete pandemonium my buddy Briely noticed the bottle said diet, but ever since then I've called Diet Mt.Dew "Georgia Mr.Dew" or "Georgia water" since the water there is pretty damn foul also. Not that Oklahoma's water is any better. heh
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      I popped open the diet mt.dew and took a huge drink expecting to taste mt.dew
      Your taste buds have been conditioned to expect a soft drink to have a super-high sugar concentration because you've been drinking them since you were a kid. (Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi always taste like crap.) Stop drinking them for a year or 2 and then try it. It'll taste like what it is, a can of super-concentrated sugar.

A can of Coke or Mt. Dew have 150 calories.

Let's do some fun math ...

Let's say someone drinks 4 cans of Coke a day, every day:

4 cans x 365 days x 150 calories = 219,000 calories
      3000 calories = 1 pound of fat
      219,000 calories = 73 pounds of fat per year. Yes, that's 73 pounds.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
        Your taste buds have been conditioned to expect a soft drink to have a super-high sugar concentration because you've been drinking them since you were a kid. (Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi always taste like crap.) Stop drinking them for a year or 2 and then try it. It'll taste like what it is, a can of super-concentrated sugar.

A can of Coke or Mt. Dew have 150 calories.

Let's do some fun math ...

Let's say someone drinks 4 cans of Coke a day, every day:

4 cans x 365 days x 150 calories = 219,000 calories
        3000 calories = 1 pound of fat
        219,000 calories = 73 pounds of fat per year. Yes, that's 73 pounds.
        Yea I know especially that Mt.Dew isn't the best pop to drink, its just so damn good!

I actually quit drinking pop for around 3-4 months and only drank water or powerade , this was about 5-6 months ago, then I caved in and went back to old habits...

But since I've stopped smoking weed, stopped smoking cigs like a respectable parent should and haven't touched a drop of the Parotbay thats sitting in my fridge calling my name while the shot glasses call me from the cupboards... oh what?

Anyway I'm goin to go take some shots bye.
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

Thats gangsta.
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Comment

start mixing

Comment

ha, looks good phenom! Unfortunately, drinking any amount of alcohol makes me sick. (and not in the fun way) Can't even do those froofroo wine coolers without getting a headache. It's a nasty interaction with a medication I have to take :/

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                start mixing
                I don't really mix it, I usually drink parotbay pineapple straight and trace it with the mt.dew

I will however mix it with pineapple soda which is awesome
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

parrot bay pineapple? thats hardcore. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Rockstar View Post
                    parrot bay pineapple? thats hardcore. lol.
                    not really, but when you're married things change young padawan.

This stuff is a day drink to me, hence why i usually just drink the stuff straight with no mixing.

However I cut down on my drinking since about 2004
                    QuakeOne.com
                    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                    Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                    X