Left4Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left4Dead

Anyone who enjoys a good co-op game, you should definitely pick up left4dead. Played the demo that just came out and I'm very impressed so far. Looks to be a very enjoyable online shooter experience. And since it's co-op, maybe you won't have to deal with shit talking as much? Hopefully? So far the people I've played with have been very helpful since the purpose of the game is to band together to survive against thousands of very fast zombies. I'd be interested in playing this awesome game with some familiar faces from quake.

I am enjoying the Left 4 Dead demo a lot, most fun I have had in awhile. Cant wait for the full release to come out.

Comment

This is Xbox360 right? I'll check my xboxlive for the demo and if I like it maybe i'll buy the game

my gametag is Massphrossen btw feel free to add me
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Its actually Xbox360 and PC, and the demo was available on November 6th ONLY to those who pre-ordered the game ahead of time. The demo will be made public on the 11th for everyone, PC and Xbox360, and will end on the 18th.

Comment

Loving the demo.

Comment

"maybe you won't have to deal with shit talking as much" --wasn't Xbox live mentioned?...

I pre-ordered and have been playing since the 7th. This game has alot of hype behind it. Coming from fallout3(in reference to a new pc game) to this was a drastic down step in graphics quality, imo it surely looks like the engine is on its last legs with appearence and lack of interactiveness with the environment players demand in modern games.

With only 4 players on a team im not sure if a casual player who picks up and wings it with random players such as myself will be able to enjoy this as much as say someone with a substantially populated friends list.

The first thing to really grab me in this game was (okay shooting zombies was # 1) but the second thing was when im was just about to go into the 'fallen' state and a female zombie runs upto me and starts melee attacking me with both arms crushing my head SO COOL!

I'll be playing this but i think i won't be so crazy about the game as quake team fortress, quake 3 or counter strike.

Comment

Well I see that xbox was mentioned but not by me. I haven't heard or seen any shit talk yet. And I've played the demo ALOT already. I think the engine does the job nicely. Yeah it's not as pretty as other games but in this type of game where you need to act quickly, I'd rather have a good looking game that runs incredibly smooth than a GREAT looking game where I have fps dips into the 30's when I have zombies clawing at my face. That would just make things harder.
              On a side note, I don't find fallout 3's graphics very impressive at all. They're good, but not great.

Comment

I just downloaded the demo last night, haven't gotten to try it but I'm really saving it for my brother, who was freaking out about this game.

Comment

fallout 3 looks horrible

Comment

you look horrible Tal.

Comment

Wicked love the demo :d
                      http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

Why is this in Quake Central?

Comment

i was wondering the same thing ?:/

Comment

The game has been built using Valve's Source engine
                            OK I'll move it to Chat o rama

Comment

Finally got to play the demo with my brother yesterday. I agree, this is very fun. I was expecting it to be one of those "dark place where you only have a flashlight and random things jump out at you from every corner" games like Doom 3, but actually this wasn't that bad.

I will admit, I said "Holy fuck!" the first time a hoarde came after us. That was crazy!

We'll have this game when it comes out. My brother has been obsessed with it even before the demo was released.

Comment

Working...
                              X