The Horror!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horror!!

I had this bad vibe about ordering comp parts, building a PC,and then turning around and shipping the pre-built box, to a family member...

Sure as shit my fears came true, I shutdown a working box, WinXP SP3 w/ all the bullshit like flash,divx,whatever....boxed it in original boxing with foam bracings,and extra peanuts down the side's. 2 days later it arrived dead, no power.

what the fuck is with that nonsense o_O

I just (ups same-day delivery) ordered a replacement powersupply after sleeping on it, hopefully sort this catastrophe out

USPS is pretty gay, I think I'll stick with UPS from now on.
    UPS
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-13-2008, 09:52 AM.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

I'd never use the post office to ship a package for something valuable or fragile or needed to get there "on-time".
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I got a $1k guitar through UPS and it came with the neck snapped in half. I find it hard to trust those guys with anything fragile.

Comment

Shipping is horrid. They kick and drag boxes around on the floor. I would feel very uneasy about shipping a whole computer. Probably what happened is something got knocked loose out of it's socket/slot.
        e|------------------------0---------------
        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
        A|---------------0------------------------
        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Term: love the faithful avatar!
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Originally posted by the_f0qer View Post
            Shipping is horrid. They kick and drag boxes around on the floor. I would feel very uneasy about shipping a whole computer. Probably what happened is something got knocked loose out of it's socket/slot.
            I already went through the ropes of the problem no power..

checked switch, re-seated 24pin power, cleared cmos , tried a different power cable, even went as far as to have them pull the front panel completely, and re-seated the power switch only. Concluded the PSU must be fried.

While troubleshooting the box I also indeed had a flash back, and it was ACE , PET DETECTIVE that created the horror setting. The thought of this happening to my shipment
            [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tN94ePhsd4"]YouTube - Ace Ventura UPS Guy[/ame] is the horror

wow,interesting. The forum is now like, okay there is a youtube link, automatically its a imbedded video
            Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 11-14-2008, 07:23 AM.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

HAH that's my favorite Ace Ventura movie, that fucking dolphin
              Last edited by metchsteekle; 11-14-2008, 03:05 PM. Reason: an "s"

Comment

LMAO wouldn't want him delivering my package
                http://euroquake.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

While troubleshooting the box I also indeed had a flash back, and it was ACE , PET DETECTIVE that created the horror setting. The thought of this happening to my shipment
                  YouTube - Ace Ventura UPS Guy is the horror
                  I can tell you that ANY delivery company sucks when sending material. The drivers and the people that load this stuff just don't care. I see this almost everyday in the line of work I'm in. It's a constant battle for freight claims.

I've had delivery drivers walk on top of pallets of expensive fixtures just as if he was walking on the ground. No regard as to how fragile they are. It's just golden to see the expression on the drivers face when I refuse shipment, site the reason and send it back.

Back to your pwrsply... I've had instances where a company, The Nerds.Net sent me another power supply and it arrived dead. I think it was fault of both the carrier and Thenerds.net.

The way it was packaged: Shoved in the corner of a bigger box. Then it was filled with crumpled paper. So now we have a power supply with no packing on one corner of the box... only the power supply. Now when the box is dropped or thrown, it lands on the merchandise. Real smart.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
                  X