Aggressive McDonalds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggressive McDonalds?

I've never seen an ad from McDonalds like that before.

With the economy the way it is, I can see Starbucks having a very rough road to travel. I don't think that very many people will be paying $4 or $5 for a coffee for a while.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Pwnd.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

They're right; four bucks is pretty ridiculous.

Comment

I agree, $4 for a f**king coffee is ridiculous! I wonder what its like to be a kid at the Ronald McDonald House, all those quarter pounders and milkshakes. that would rock hah.

the town I use to live in tore down their McDonalds and made a whole new one that includes a lounge and an HDTV inside.

PLAY QUAKE DODGEBALL!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/quake-dodgeball

Trickle's VWeps

Comment

They have a value coffee now for half the price for 8oz. Its just brewed with water. Suppose to be delicious since they are using starbucks beans and starbucks water straight from the city. Very good deal too.

Comment

the town I use to live in tore down their McDonalds and made a whole new one that includes a lounge and an HDTV inside.
            I hear that's the new thing, especially overseas. Like in Japan, I believe, McDs are considered fine restaurants, heh.

/the McDLT was pretty delish

Comment

From my experiences with McD's coffee, I just can't stand how scalding theirs is, and I always end up burning my throat. The last time I had to ask for a cup of ice to go with it. Actually, that tends to be the reason why I don't drink much coffee anyway.

Until they can make frozen coffee like Starbuck's frappachinos, then I think they're out of their league.

Comment

Link = http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/34420867.html

Starbucks Can Kiss My Ass
                Date: 2004-06-22, 8:40AM PDT

Starbucks can kiss my ass.

Whenever I go in there to buy a simple cup of coffee, they expect me to participate in the “Starbucks Experience”. And if I order my coffee “wrong”, I get corrected by some minimum-wage-twit who couldn’t articulate their way home.

They don’t sell their coffees in Small, Medium or Large. NOOOOO! They have some pretentious bullshit names like Tall (which is small), Grande and Venti. WTF? Venti is not even a word – it is a Starbucks word – look closely at the menu, they have the word Venti trademarked! They made up the fucking word! And then they train their staff to not respond to normal words like, “I would like a small cup of coffee.”

They ask me, “You mean a Tall?”

Let me see – I’m looking at three cups: a short one, a medium one and a tall one. I don’t want the tall one, I didn't bring that much money – I want the short fucker! Read my fucking lips: IT IS NOT TALL, IT IS SHORT! Goddamn – no wonder the poor bastards who work at Starbucks are dyslexic.

I can see it now – guys, let’s use the Starbucks method for sizing up our cocks. Here, some poor guy has the shortest one, but we will call it the Long ****. Then someone with a medium-sized **** is now Mondo and the guy with the big honker gets to call it Bando. That's right - Bando. I made up that word and you have to use it or I will ignore you. And every woman/man can take pleasure in knowing that her/his man is at least Long.

And what is with these other Starbucks code words, like “With Room” or “Extra Shot”? How fucking pretentious is that? I even notice Starbucks Snobs in line practicing their order so they can whiz through all the special vernacular so, are you ready for this, they can order a cup of coffee.

I would go on, but I am getting hungry. I’m heading over to the local In-n-Out Burger to get my 2x4 burger cooked Animal Style. Later.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

man... that guy sounds mad, i think he dun spent all his money's on weed and he aint got any left for coffee. The original glutton for punishment doesnt learn from shit when he cant remember hot coffee equals burnt tongue and throat, ice helps 4 sure but scalding yourself on a consistant basis is baffling. He is mad and fuming, ranting almost. I've been that mad myself on occasion. But this guy does not sound like a credible source. There must be something else making him even more pissed off that he forgot to include to us. well. Starbucks sucks, i dont like their regular coffee anyways, Tim Hortons is perfect, to any of you familiar with it.

damn that guy was havin a bad day...
                  SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                  THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                  sigpic

Comment

Comic Sans!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by terminus View Post
                      I hear that's the new thing, especially overseas. Like in Japan, I believe, McDs are considered fine restaurants, heh.

/the McDLT was pretty delish
                      I went to a McD in Tokyo earlier this year. It was pretty much exactly like McD in the USA -- harsh fluorescent lighting and plastic furniture. Starbucks was the same too, except for the awesome green donuts.

Comment

Starbucks could fire back that not all of its coffee costs four bucks, or that extra cents help pay for health care for baristas. (A 12-ounce cup of brew starts at $1.40 at Starbucks, a penny more than the average McDonald's brew price. A small McDonald's latte costs $1.99 compared with $2.45 to $3.15 at Starbucks.)

Baker, that guy from the cragslist has a point. I still go into these places and call it small medium and large. Makes them mad when they have to tell me, "You mean Tall?" I just laugh at them and say, "whatever".

We've all been raised believing sizes to be small medium and large. Now a company wants to come in and change that?

QuadRaptor, yes Mcdonalds coffee is probably the hottest coffee I've EVER had. It's really not as good as Starbucks though.

I only get Starbucks when I didn't have time to make it at home. Let's face it, coffee doesn't get any better than what you brew at home.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

instantaneous coffee and instantaneous hot chocolate mix

Comment

I make my coffee at home, thank you

Comment

Yeah, I probably will invest in a coffee maker for my home someday. That way, I can add my own ice

Comment

Working...
                              X