Ufc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufc

Just wanted to let you guys know, if you're interested, I have a blog which I update daily about UFC.

If any of you are avid fans or just casual, come and read my blog, post your blog or comments there.

Thanks!

Mixed Martial Arts News, MMA Fight Results, UFC News
    Last edited by Rampage; 02-06-2009, 10:21 PM.

I like this stuff.

Do you think BJJ deserves its popularity that it deserves?

Gracies make it look as invincible art and countless debates have been going back and forth about which art is better.

I personally like Gung-Fu best and I bet good striker can just as well take any grappler down, it just depends on that particular person and how well they are advanced into that art and not necessarily on that art solely.

Also, do you think TKD is weak art and only for women, children and elderly? Others pass it off that way.. and that is how it has been popularly portrayed.

I like Wing-Chun and Gung-Fu, although these are not popular at all these days.. also traditional Karate is nice too.

Thanks for sharing.
    -T.

Comment

hey ramp do you actually train in any mma type places ? ive got 4 places in my area that train mma fighters.. its a great workout and excellent mental challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by W1cK3D View Post
        hey ramp do you actually train in any mma type places ? ive got 4 places in my area that train mma fighters.. its a great workout and excellent mental challenge.
        No I don't, I was a casual fan about 7 years ago, and turned hardcore after the ultimate fighter came out.

There are a few places around here that train MMA and Muay Thai, or just Jiu Jitsu.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradise View Post
          I like this stuff.

Do you think BJJ deserves its popularity that it deserves?

Gracies make it look as invincible art and countless debates have been going back and forth about which art is better.

I personally like Gung-Fu best and I bet good striker can just as well take any grappler down, it just depends on that particular person and how well they are advanced into that art and not necessarily on that art solely.

Also, do you think TKD is weak art and only for women, children and elderly? Others pass it off that way.. and that is how it has been popularly portrayed.

I like Wing-Chun and Gung-Fu, although these are not popular at all these days.. also traditional Karate is nice too.

Thanks for sharing.
          -T.
          You think BJJ is popular?

I have to disagree, it's only lately that they've been mentioning fighters' BJJ ability such as Penn or heavyweight Frank Mir.

BJJ is an underlooked style in MMA, around the bars I see people sighing and tuning out once two fighters are on the ground or in a clinch. People don't see the little things the fighters do in those situations to keep one another from gaining an advantageous position.

Wing Chun is ok, I think it's been given more credibility than it should, but if used properly, it's a really good street fighting style and counter. It's not effective in MMA, there was a wing chun fighter who was completely dominated because the guy just bull rushed him, took him down, and submitted him on the ground.

If you want to see a traditional Karate user who mixes it into his MMA style, watch Lyoto Machida.

Comment

Yes, I know all that.

I hate ground fighting that goes on for long time. I know they struggling for supremacy there, still 2 grown-ass men on top of each other just looks gay; like they having sex or something for minutes and minutes.. Arghh! Booring!

I think they should just ban it. It seems popular way to submit someone and it is way overused. Everyone seems to end up on ground with this stupid sex-wrestling. We see very little stand-up knockouts - dunnot know about now - I have not watched much recently.

Do you think movie martial artists are good in real life? MMA style?

Do you think this guy can beat everybody? Hehehe..
            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSbzKUGRgc]YouTube - Born Invincible[/ame]

Comment

Hmm i clicked that link and this is what came up

"Blog not found
              Sorry, the blog you were looking for does not exist. However, the name mixedmartialartsnewsfeed is available to register"

maybe someone kicked your Blog's ass ?

I grew up watching Bruce Lee movies, and actually took a little Akido back in the day (hmm dont remember much but how to break your arm in 3 points with one move ;P) I have a local friend that is well versed in Shaolin Kung Fu style of fighting (no not shaolin the quaker). Man he had me from go to on my back in 1 second
              Last edited by R00k; 02-06-2009, 10:27 PM.
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Name of the blog has been changed, I will update it now so you can click through.

By the way, click my google ads, it helps support me! thanks

Comment

Oh shit I guess I should be hitting the ads here on Quakeone, also.
                  I thought they got % for each view! DOH!
                  Last edited by R00k; 02-06-2009, 10:48 PM.
                  www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                  X