Need help please! :p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help please! :p

i've looked near and far and yet nothing seems to work. everywere i go im looking for quake1, but no matter what i do i cant find it for pc. i've seen in some different threads that there are links to the full version. if i could please have a link that would be excellent. Below im going to list my computer stats on what im running.

****WINDOWS**VISTA****
    Hp Pavillion

AMD athalon 64 x2 Dual Core Prossecor 5200+
    2.87 gb RAM

Is this enough for it to run?
    POST LINK TO FULL QUAKE GAME IF THERE IS ONE!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2310/
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Does that cost money?

Comment

I neeed this download to be free isnt there user uploaded Full versions of quake?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopy_AkA_Ammy View Post
          I neeed this download to be free isnt there user uploaded Full versions of quake?
          This isn't a warez site.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Whats that supposed to mean? your saying theres no link to a free version of quake 1 that is full? is any body on this site playing the shareware version? cuz thats all i have.

Comment

Whats that supposed to mean? your saying theres no link to a free version of quake 1 that is full? is any body on this site playing the shareware version? cuz thats all i have.
              Quake 4 Free

See how easy that was? REP!
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

o kk now u get rep ok bu t will it run on vista?

Comment

i googled it 100 timez ive been up for 3 dayz trying to find it and NOthing

Comment

I could be wrong but it would seem that what Baker is trying to tell you is that they are trying to keep this site legit and not offer the full version of Quake as a free download which would obviously be illegal.

Is this enough for it to run?
                    In a word, yes. Your system is more than capable of running the full version of Quake and possibly using the newer Quake Engines, sych as Qrack and Darkplaces, to give you some of the extra eye candy that newer games offer.

is any body on this site playing the shareware version? cuz thats all i have.
                    A number of players will use the shareware version to get a taster of what the full version can offer. If they like the fast aced action then they usually quickly progress and get it upgraded to the full version so that they can play the extra maps and join in all the fun.

Kind regards

Monty
                    Mr.Burns
                    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

i googled it 100 timez ive been up for 3 dayz trying to find it and NOthing
                      Seeing as I enjoy this site. I don't plan on offering you illegal software or even a link to it.

You CAN PURCHASE Quake 1 for about $9.00 off Valve's Steam and then you would be set!

Hope this helps! Please don't ask for illegal stuff here!

Buy Quake 1 from Steam

See you around on the servers!

P.S There are some Free alternative paths. I believe you can use the shareware version to play on the servers with custom maps..... This reminds me of the days of Bomber and Dredd Pre-Quake 1 map pack.
                      Last edited by Phenom; 02-07-2009, 03:10 PM.
                      QuakeOne.com
                      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                      Great Quake engine

Comment

o ohk if its like that

P.S Since i have quake 1 shareware running on my windows 98 laptop how could one get onto a server?

Comment

Yes i come to agree with you but i dont seen how msning me the link wont keep the site legit?

P.S Since i have quake 1 shareware running on my windows 98 laptop how could one get onto a server?
                          Sorry I'm on my second strike

To get on a server such as dredd.quakeone.com which was pretty much made for people of this category. You need the Quake 1 Map Pack and place the maps inside your ID1/maps folder then run sharewar Quake and type "connect dredd.quakeone.com" into the console. Things might have changed since I've been around and I'm not sure how functional the site is yet but I believe Baker fixed the download section.!
                          Last edited by Phenom; 02-07-2009, 03:16 PM.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            Sorry I'm on my second strike

To get on a server such as dredd.quakeone.com which was pretty much made for people of this category. You need the Quake 1 Map Pack and place the maps inside your ID1/maps folder then run sharewar Quake and type "connect dredd.quakeone.com" into the console. Things might have changed since I've been around and I'm not sure how functional the site is yet but I believe Baker fixed the download section.!
                            so all i have to do is download the map pack? and put it onto my quake 1 shareware version? hmm maybe we could get a game in tonight watch me own you ;P

Comment

hmm maybe we could get a game in tonight watch me own you ;P
                              You wouldn't have to try very hard to beat me

Yes, download the Quake 1 Map Pack EZ Installer and point it to your Quake folder.

I can't go into detail right now, i got to run! bye!
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                              X