Quake on Ubuntu / Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake on Ubuntu / Linux

I found my issue, the issue was the fact linux is a case sensitive system, so ID1 is upper case, PAK0-1.pak is upper case... all i had to do was lowercase my quake folder... and every client ran, even without the console.... well least glpro and the linux glpro ran.... anyways w/e.

and it also helped to run from console when Lennox reminded me that to run executables in terminal you need ./ infront of the executable. lol. i had forgotten that.

~Cheers.

End.

or you could have run it through wine
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i'm still having an issue, i got no sound in quake, and as i couldn't find my more recent config'd pak file with my settings just my old 3wave one all my config is messed and i can't get pak explorer running even with wine atm to extract the config.cfg from the pak0.cfg file ... so still having a few issues. I tried using wine to load pakexplorer but it just wasn't happening.

So i still got work to do with it... least it runs now but without sound an i have to manually config it in console.

I could try just making an autoexec.cfg and hope it takes priority but, it might not as i made a permament like config.cfg and stored it in my pak0.pak back then, so i can unload it from cd and just play on any 3wave server / etc.

Sighs... i don't quite understand why sound doesn't work since it works for music and video at the moment it's perplexing.

Comment

Try not running any other programs with sound at the same time.
        What engine(s)? What error messages?

If you want Netquake Multiplayer then http://qudos.quakedev.com/linux/quak....1-src.tar.bz2 would be a good choice I think. It should work well with sound.
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
        X