Thread Violation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Violation

HEY LAZY PROGRAMMERS TELL THE CREATOR OF PROQUAKE TO UPDATE ITS CODE SO IT WORKS FOR ALL VERSIONS OF WINDOWS?

An someone fix the linux QUAKE DAMNIT!

So the bugs of it yanking you into "backstep" never occur... it throws u into "back step" for like 3seconds or so, at a time... and there was something else but i think that was the most annoying bug in the linux build.

Aside from that, .... QUAKE HEAR ME ROAR!

I want to play sooo badly, i will be back, soon... very soon.

*caresses the Q-symbol* ... yes, my dear. I will. ^_--

Hahahaahahahahahahaha!?!

^_^ see you all soons.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTN6Du3MCgI] he's gonna blast you, at the GAYBARGAYBAR GAY BAR![/ame]

jk

Comment

lol ive heard that song before,that one is edited
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hahaha wow that video was awesome.

SO that's that gaybar song ppl at work referenced before... i had no idea.

I rarely youtube. Haha.

Nice.

Poor linkin if he could only see what the Omish-imposters did to his name....

LoL

Nice...... I say again. Nice.

*purrs at the pole dancers*

Comment

Ler, you whacko, if you are having problems running ProQuake, have you tried other engines, like fitzquake to make sure its not your 1998 computer? Or atleast explain your problem more in detail

LOL! that video looks exactly like ler to me, even that guitar he's holding :}
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

?
            e|------------------------0---------------
            B|---------------0^1----------------1----
            G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
            D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
            A|---------------0------------------------
            E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Lerster View Post
              ...So the bugs of it yanking you into "backstep" never occur... it throws u into "back step" for like 3seconds or so, at a time...
              hmm not sure what you mean exactly, but i DO know that setting cl_forwardspeed too high, will actually make you walk backwards

set all cl_whateverdirectionspeed cvars to 400 and you should be fine..

Comment

HEY LAZY PROGRAMMERS TELL THE CREATOR OF PROQUAKE TO UPDATE ITS CODE SO IT WORKS FOR ALL VERSIONS OF WINDOWS?
                It would be nice if you included the version of Windows and the version of ProQuake you are using.

I think I have an idea of what would be occurring but according to MH, Quake is written in a way that makes it virtually impossible to be "thread-safe" due to the QuakeC intepreter and maybe other things where functions share the same variables.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Meh the reason i posted this is i thought i'd be quaking again soon but yeah Vista doesn't run proquake, or any quake client for that matter, XP runs proquake yet with shity graphics, blue graphics.... and thats a vid card thing with XP, so only 2k works well with it but i'm flying away tomorrow so i lied i guess, i am not going to be quaking anytime soon.

Just annoyed that quake is being a bitch.

When it was running on ubuntu it had a weird glitch where while you where playing sometimes it'd just suck you to a wall (backstepping) you for about 3seconds and you couldn't move just run backwards.... then when it stopped doing that you could play and move around normally again (provided nobody killed ya by then)

Anyways, after i updated the kernal for ubuntu i can't get linux quake to work or rebuild properly even.

So sadly, i won't be quaking for awhile.

An yes, i did try some other clients, but i really want gl quake working again.... sadly it won't work.

I'll prob install win2k again but what i hate about that is i have so much crap to install for it, so it takes a long time... since basically nothing but the nic is detected by it.

Anyways, w/e.

It was to be a joke the subject header of this post as the "Chat-o-rama" stated anything but quake... and it was about quake, but didn't quite fit in the quake forum. so whatever.

:p

Take care all... hopefully someday i will get quake running again.

Comment

Meh the reason i posted this is i thought i'd be quaking again soon but yeah Vista doesn't run proquake, or any quake client for that matter
                    I can run every Quake on Vista --- and I mean ALL of them: Darkplaces, ProQuake, Qrack, JoeQuake, FitzQuake, etc. etc. --- on Vista with the single exception of some older versions of Qrack like 1.60 which actually had a Vista incompatibility.

Just pointing out that whatever problem you have, the operating system itself isn't the origin.

But I know when things won't run it can be frustrating.
                    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

same...vista's pretty decent
                      This body holding me,reminds me of my own mortality.
                      Embrace this moment, remember, we are eternal,all this pain is an illusion.

Comment

yeah vista only deserves 3/4ths of the shit it gets

Comment

Windows 7 makes Vista look like Windows Millennium Edition!
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

hence, 3/4ths

Comment

Meh the reason i posted this is i thought i'd be quaking again soon but yeah Vista doesn't run proquake, or any quake client for that matter, XP runs proquake yet with shity graphics, blue graphics.... and thats a vid card thing with XP, so only 2k works well with it but i'm flying away tomorrow so i lied i guess, i am not going to be quaking anytime soon.

Just annoyed that quake is being a bitch.

When it was running on ubuntu it had a weird glitch where while you where playing sometimes it'd just suck you to a wall (backstepping) you for about 3seconds and you couldn't move just run backwards.... then when it stopped doing that you could play and move around normally again (provided nobody killed ya by then)

Anyways, after i updated the kernal for ubuntu i can't get linux quake to work or rebuild properly even.

So sadly, i won't be quaking for awhile.

An yes, i did try some other clients, but i really want gl quake working again.... sadly it won't work.

I'll prob install win2k again but what i hate about that is i have so much crap to install for it, so it takes a long time... since basically nothing but the nic is detected by it.

Anyways, w/e.

It was to be a joke the subject header of this post as the "Chat-o-rama" stated anything but quake... and it was about quake, but didn't quite fit in the quake forum. so whatever.

:p

Take care all... hopefully someday i will get quake running again.
                              1st step in fixing quake : Stop making things seem so fucking complicated, if you skip this step,you will fail.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                              X