Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Movies - Transformers 2, GI Joe, Harry Potter, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
    I guess I am a traditionalist. It means if you get something, you put back into it, otherwise you really didnt get anything out of it and you are just there as fluff. TNG did put a 'little' back into the concepts that made TOS great, in some of the season one episodes, but they decided its eventually gonna evolve into something different, just like this movie decided to do within the first 40 mins. The first 40 mins was like watching all the TNG , DS9, and Voyager series I had seen all at once, been there, done that, could have got the t-shirt, but opted to save my $. Sure, its a tall order to stand near what TOS accomplished, and I guess they deserve credit for trying. As for being scared, maybe you are human after all, and not so Vulcan.
    As someone who is 2/3 Captain Kirk and 1/3 Mr. Spock, I can relate to Star Trek the original series more than the Next Generation where every episode the problem was solved by nerdily having Jordy play around with tachyon fields.

That being said, I could always appreciate the TOS and TNG as what they were ... personally I think that the 2009 Star Trek movie resembled neither and was a great reimagining.

But I don't claim to know everything either ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by terminus View Post
      The only movies I'm concerned with:

Moon
      District 9
      I saw Moon last night! For a low budget movie, it was really good...although we all kind of figured it out after 30 minutes in. But definitely go see it!

Comment

i could never watch any series except TNG. i love all the characters and know them so well, and every episode is so fucking psychologically deep. there's very little action, and if there is a scene of action it is usually used to build up the psychological bit--i.e. its not just shoot everything in sight. since that's what star trek is to me, i found the new movie a bit alienating. when roddenberry died around season 4 of TNG, it really went down hill. the later seasons when rick berman took over are watchable but mediocre compared to seasons 1-4

Comment

Oh dear god, where did I make the wrong turn that led me here to this star trek convention?
          e|------------------------0---------------
          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
          A|---------------0------------------------
          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
            I saw Moon last night! For a low budget movie, it was really good...although we all kind of figured it out after 30 minutes in. But definitely go see it!
            I accidentally read a spoiler, so I know the plot. Still looking forward to it though.

Comment

That is a good mix of character, I like it. Did you know that early on, Shatner felt very suppressed as Kirk by Nimoy's portrayl of Spock? So much , that he went and confronted Roddenberry with it, and his response was that someone who is good working beside you can only make you look that much better. It was true. When you watch them together, they are one heck of a combo. Back then the NERD like spock was emulating was viewed as 'inhuman' , much like McCoy's jibes in various episodes were suggesting. I think all 3 characters made it very enjoyable to watch, and we didnt even mention the impressive effects,good stories, props ,wardrobe and neat music yet. Not that I wanna make this thread into a ST convention.

Originally posted by Baker View Post
              As someone who is 2/3 Captain Kirk and 1/3 Mr. Spock,

Comment

I absolutely LOVED "The Hangover", and "Transformers 2".
                uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                X