No announcement yet.

Virus! Help! ;(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the advice.. I tryed running in safe mode and using a few different programs to remove it, and there is one virus or something that will not delete for nothing. It is called "drsmartl" or something like that. I used "Prevx1" and it quarantined freeprodtb, but when I try to delete it, it locks my system up. Believe it or not, I rarely download anything off of the internet and just about never surf. I am always on Ebay 99% of the time. My Quake is still screwed up.. This might sound crazy, but I swear I was playing Quake when I was infected. I have had a few virus's in the past and usually am able to get rid of them pretty quick, but this is a tricky one. As of now, I am screwed!

Comment

Bah! Now it has attacked my wireless network and I cannot use my wireless laptop now! This malware is bad! Ill let ya all know if I figure it out... This is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
        I also circumvent such things by running Firefox with Adblock and Flashblock so I have greater control over what is loaded in my browser.
        Flashblock doesn't stop the swf file from being loaded. Look at the code, it's just a button at replaces the swd then initializes the swf when you press on it.

Comment

There is no spoon

Originally posted by Quazy
          This might sound crazy, but I swear I was playing Quake when I was infected. I have had a few virus's in the past and usually am able to get rid of them pretty quick, but this is a tricky one. As of now, I am screwed!
          It's very possible. As I told many before, I was able to send a disabled Keylogger into GameFreak's Server using the Quake Stream. I'm not into malicious attacks but it is very very possible and easy to do with enough research.

Comment

If you've emptied all temp files/cookies, run Adaware/Spybot/Antivirus along with checking the online antivirus.. All within safe mode.. then your next move would be HiJack This.

We had a machine jacked here and I couldn't for the life of me find it. The machine ended up crashing but all the prior indications had us backing up documents etc and continue to save it after. Please make sure you are doing this NOW. Zip as many files as you can and upload into megaupload.com for a bit or just burn to CD/DVD's if you have that option. If you only have floppys.. do the zip/upload it will save disks and time and your sanity. Or.. back it up and just reformat ;Þ A good enema does a system good every now and then.
            www.Net-Tyme.com
            Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
            Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Canadian*Sniper - Yeah I suspected such with FlashBlock, but my main reason for getting it has been to prevent seeing flash ads basically that annoyed the hell out of me. It would be better though to have ones that dont download the swf file until you tell it to however... Basically pick and choose the content of the page you want to load.

Honestly what I want more than anything else is an easy way to tell my browser "Load and display text first, period."
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                Honestly what I want more than anything else is an easy way to tell my browser "Load and display text first, period."
                You telling me it's not?

Comment

Ok... I am to the point where this malware has beat me. I am 99% sure that someone or something got into my computer through Quake when I was playing as that is when it happened. I cannot restore my computer to an earlier date because it took my restore points away. Norton, Mcafee, Prevx, Adaware, and a few other programs will not fix it. I even tryed Regrun (the free version). I dont want to buy a new anti-virus program because if it doesnt work, then I am out of the money that I spent on it. So I am stuck with my desktop computer instead of my wireless laptop....and this desktop sux! As soon as I get back involved with Quake, this happens... figures eh? Oh well... Maybe Ill have to restore my whole system. Thanks for all of the help though, and hopefully Ill see you guys on the servers soon.

uazy

Comment

Install Linux and play sqpro on that. I doubt that you'll get quake virus in that.

I figured out how to run sqpro so I could walk you through it.

Comment

Reformat. Just burn copies of stuff you desperately need on blank cd-r's or dvd-r's. be sure to scan that stuff before loading on your fresh system though.

Comment

Working...
                      X