Server player on main page??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server player on main page??

Hello! I want to add a "Server stat" board to the bomber site but dont know exactally how to do it.

I really like the quakeone.com server stat on the homepage in the right hand colum. can someone explain to me in plain english how I could get something like that on the bomer site? Thanks!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Originally posted by Phenom
    Hello! I want to add a "Server stat" board to the bomber site but dont know exactally how to do it.

I really like the quakeone.com server stat on the homepage in the right hand colum. can someone explain to me in plain english how I could get something like that on the bomer site? Thanks!
    Well ... if you go to the http://www.quakeone.com/navigator site and click resources, there is something called QStat.

It can get the stats from a server and return results. You would probably have to iframe it ( http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/frames/_IFRAME.html ) realistically.

I will see if I can find some examples for you, but I'll just warn you that it requires some uncommon server permissions (web site server, not Quake server) to run and I think you actually have to compile QStat yourself if your server is Linux. Basically, you will need command line access to the web server (not Quake server) as a general rule (Telnet or SSH).

I'll probably see if I can find the stuff tomorrow, I'll have to look around.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

How does the Quakeone.com site get the number or players off the bomber server then?
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Steve spent a decade using his l33t PHP skills to do it somehow. I couldn't tell you. I remember early in the project being stunned that he was able to do it.

I can get stuff for you to have a working example tomorrow, minus a linux binary. You can play with it and see what you can do. And we can keep talking about this.

There may be an alterative we can do, I have an idea but I'd have to talk to Steve and find out if it would be easy or incredibly hard.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom
          How does the Quakeone.com site get the number or players off the bomber server then?
          dividing the info from qstat results maybe?

Comment

You need to install QStat on your web server. QStat is a background process that will query the quake servers and grab all the data from the quake servers. I then take that info and use PHP to split it up into the nice table you see on the main page.

Unless I'm mistaken, in order to install QStat you need to have command line access to your linux server and you need to be able to compile the program. This isn't a PHP or CGI script, it's an actual program, written in C I believe, that needs to be compiled. If your host doesn't allow background processes to be run or doesn't give you SSH access, you can't install it.

Comment

Working...
            X