Kimp's apology letter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimp's apology letter.

Kimp sent this to me and Slotzero also got a copy. I got Slot's input but would like to see what the community thinks about it so im going to post it here.

Originally posted by kazm
    Dear Slot Zero & B4dA1m (admins of runequake),

I am Kimp...
    I have botted on the servers and also used
    modified clients on the servers which decipher
    when power-ups/ weapons/ armors spawn.
    I have used various free isps (including NetZero,
    and Juno) to get around ip bans, effectively
    using them as proxies.
    These proxies were free dial-up accounts which had
    10-20 hour limits on them per month, and could be created
    multiple trials.
    However, I do not possess any access to botnets, although I may have admitted doing so as a gesture..
    I have gotten around the bans in order to play
    in the 4v4's and also to test out modified
    clients and bots.
    In the future I will deviate from the use of
    bots. modified clients, and hacks in
    matches in the servers, as well as deviate from
    using "proxies" to circumvent bans.
    The hacks I do possess are as follows:
    Stooge bot, and modified ProQuake 4.00 zeta
    with built-in timers used for calculating
    the time when weapons/armors/power-ups spawn,
    using modified snd_dma.c whereby the vectors
    of the weapons, armors, as well as the waning
    souund of power-ups are utilized to time
    them.

I do apologize for any controversy this may have caused.

If the ips are removed, I will avoid using proxies to circumvent bans if an admin banes an ip, and I will use regular clients without cheats, and I will also avoid using bots to assist in aim.

In addition, I will respect the admins' decisions.

Regards,
    Kimp
    This did indeed come from kimp from an account he made on runequake.com calling himself "kazm", I got it in my runequake inbox and I feel that it's very heartfelt. This is kimp's attempt to get his ip's unbanned from crmod. Does the community think kimp should get another chance?.

Originally posted by badaim View Post
    banes
    Haha.

Comment

As has been stated before, he can be a very postive member to the quakeone community when he wants to be. I would like to see him continue down this road and vote to give him another chance. The ban switch can easily be flipped back on.

Comment

Been there, done that, didn't work.

OK, it's a positive gesture coming clean like that, but I personally think that more is needed. Giving us the source code to his modified engine so that the community can study it and better implement protection from this kind of exploit would be a start. Accepting that he's caused an awful lot of person-hours to be wasted (and hot air to be generated) when people could have better spent that time doing something positive and productive would also help; he seems to be still missing this part of the picture.

I'm reluctant to say "do those and you get my vote" because he's already violated a one-strike-and-you're-out ruling, at a time when it was made perfectly clear to him that was the case and those were the consequences.

On the other hand he is capable of making a positive contribution, but I still have concerns that we haven't seen enough signs of that bad streak in him having gone away.

I don't know.
        IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

dont trust the kimpster
          DAVEMAN

Comment

he needs to add he will avoid throwing tantrums. joining games and going afk simply because no one else is playing the mod of his mood, thus ruining games, would be a nice thing to ditch too.

there are others that do this also, you know who you are, stop that shit.
            "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

fool me once shame on u, fool me 10 times, well, shame on my grandma...
              SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
              THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
              sigpic

Comment

He left out this part, when i came back to Quake I used to play at night on shmack and one time Kimp was on (I didnt know who he was at the time) and was talking about knowing Static and that he has this file that makes quake run better. So he sent me this file (an autoexe.bat) and it fucked up my config and my quake looked like different colored squares and the resolution was 320x240, when i told him about this, he said ya thats the way he plays the game, I thought F*UCK that this is B.S.

He also brought up bots but I told him I dont cheat and he quickly changed and said its just for practice.
                I think he pulled the same thing on STATIC.

Kimp is EVIL.

Comment

You downloaded someone's config file, installed it, and expected everything to be the same?
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi all and Kimp I got to tell you just this:
                    _
                    You dont really make an apologize to me... it`s more like "check my achievements"
                    _
                    You just need to get more mature fok
                    _
                    If you so good like you pretend, I like the proposal of someone before asking to explain your stuff (I mean just WORK now instead of DISTURBING)
                    _
                    You got to show what you can do at Q1 now... I probably never played you
                    _
                    Do you think, honestly, about how much a jerk you been??
                    Tell me in details.

My conclusion... Kimp just fokin play this game and get good or stay a jerk!

Comment

Hahaha. Mark doesn't disappoint.

Comment

Originally posted by PlayeR View Post
                        _
                        You dont really make an apologize to me... it`s more like "check my achievements"
                        _
                        _
                        If you so good like you pretend, I like the proposal of someone before asking to explain your stuff (I mean just WORK now instead of DISTURBING)
                        _
                        _
                        Tell me in details.

reading comprehension fail
                        e|------------------------0---------------
                        B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                        G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                        D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                        A|---------------0------------------------
                        E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Uhm..... Whut

Comment

Originally posted by PlayeR View Post
                            _
                            _
                            _
                            _
                            _
                            Tell me in details.

Mark, just a quick little question.....

What was the highest grade level that you completed?. I appreciate your input but also I think I burned some brain cells reading it.

Comment

Kimp? unbanned? Again? Seriously?

Someones gotta have some balls around here to lay down the hand of justice and deal out pain to people like Kimp.

Badaim as much as you wrote about Kimp and his actions I'd figure you would be the last person to consider him unbanned.

Let me get this straight...

Kimp fucks up, gets banned, cries and apologizes, gets unbanned...
                              Kimp fucks up, gets banned, cries and apologizes, gets ...

See. This is where Kimp is making the community his little puppet. Does Valve give a flying fuck if you apologize after being caught botting on the Valve servers? LOL No.

Does the Police officer unlock an inmate's door once he's apologized and has tears falling and has snot running down his cheeks? Nah.

Kimp has broken every rule under the mother loving sun and now hes basically begging to be let back on the servers.

You have to stand for something or fall for anything. Don't turn bitch on your stand to rid the servers of Kimpness.

I kinda foresee Kimp worming his way back however and fucking up once again with people bitching "Why the @&$% did Kimp get unbanned AGAIN!?" but hey don't listen to me. Listen to Kimp apparently.

My 2 cents....

Oh well. He shouldn't have fucked up in the first place.
                              QuakeOne.com
                              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Working...
                              X